Alex Song

kostasgtc

i believe song is not as conservative as its busquets he can play the double role as a playmaker and give some additional stability in middle.i dont say i like the idea as a cule but i can see it happen in specific occasions.

Antimadridista1

lol... When I was saying that we would need to play with a double-pivot some were laughing but you can't say that in this kind of match where the battle in the middle was too hard for XavIniestaBu, a strong and physical player wouldn't help us against beasts like Martinez or Schweinsteiger.

Seriously, when they had free-kicks they were always above our players and someone like Song would help us a lot and we'll probably not concede four goals.
Anyway, I think that we need a new coach who will try different things with the team because Tito doesn't bring any magic to this "dream team".

D

damunk

lol... When I was saying that we would need to play with a double-pivot some were laughing but you can't say that in this kind of match where the battle in the middle was too hard for XavIniestaBu, a strong and physical player wouldn't help us against beasts like Martinez or Schweinsteiger.

Seriously, when they had free-kicks they were always above our players and someone like Song would help us a lot and we'll probably not concede four goals.
Anyway, I think that we need a new coach who will try different things with the team because Tito doesn't bring any magic to this "dream team".

I remember you mentioning the double pivot the other day.

I remember when Guardiola would use Keita with Busquets. Didn't Barca use that against Real Madrid when they won 2-0 in the CL semi.

Busquets gets isolated and runned ragged in the away matches.

xsever

I was 100% with you on playing a double pivot against Bayern!

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I've been promoting the double pivot for about 2 years now, fuck this arrogance our coaches and fans have grown, when something isn't working, bloody change it. get rid of this bullshit "We are Barcelona, we change for no one" mentality, look what it led too last night.

Antimadridista1

Clearly... We're not anymore the best team in the world and then we need to adapt our team to the opponent. Playing with only one defensive midfielder who's slow and not physical is just... a SHAME.
I mean, have a look at all the others best teams in the world : Madrid, ManU, Bayern, Dortmund, City, Chelsea... They are all playing with a double-pivot.

Paganinisrvnge

I'm not sure why people have been so adamantly against the double pivot before. It would have been quite helpful vs Bayern. Song would have provided physicality and height which we badly needed. He also would have given us added numbers in midfield and allowed Busquets a bit more freedom to play intelligent forward passes. I can understand not starting with the double pivot but he should have been subbed in before things got out of hand. Villa also should have been subbed in immediately after the 2nd bayern goal. I can't stress how much it infuriates me that Tito waits until literally the last 10 minutes to make a substitution.

Jelboo

I agree. I think Song could have been useful yesterday, but not much. Bayern completely outclassed us. However, Busquets was one of the weakest performers on the pitch and I feel Song has much more to show to us than he already has. We shouldn't be afraid to try different tactics.

ryaninho

The things is would the managment want to change things and would the fans want it, some of us can't even accept cesc and rather see him on the bench instead of on the field trying a new approach. to me this deffeat signifies the end of an era.

I'm not sure why people have been so adamantly against the double pivot before. It would have been quite helpful vs Bayern. Song would have provided physicality and height which we badly needed. He also would have given us added numbers in midfield and allowed Busquets a bit more freedom to play intelligent forward passes. I can understand not starting with the double pivot but he should have been subbed in before things got out of hand. Villa also should have been subbed in immediately after the 2nd bayern goal. I can't stress how much it infuriates me that Tito waits until literally the last 10 minutes to make a substitution.

1 CDM worked perfectly fine in 2009 and 2011. Btw, who should we take out for the second CDM?

I don't think it's the lack of a double pivot that's the problem. I'd say it's the lack of pressing. Against Bayern the two main problems were the lack of pressing and Messi being our only scorer. Which shouldn't have happened, since we have Villa. Why the fuck didn't Tito start him? Tito should at least have subbed him on at half time.

Elite-BkD

Actually, in 2009 during the away legs Pep always played two of Keita/Toure/Busquets. And Xavi/Keita/Busquets was played in 2 of the 3 in 2011. Wasn't quite double pivots but the midfields were adjusted for those matches. And the main problems were definitely in defense imo.

oz187

3 starts for Song, 3 clean sheets for the team.

1 start for Busquets, 4 goals conceded.

But that is unfair on Busi it was Bayern after all. But playing with Song alongside him was an obvious choice for this game. If Pep was still manager that's what he would have done.

1 CDM worked perfectly fine in 2009 and 2011. Btw, who should we take out for the second CDM?
Except that we didn't play 1 DM in 2009 and 2011, in the away legs of Champions league games we played Keita alongside Busquets/Toure. Now Keita didn't play as a pure DM, but neither was he an attacking midfielder, he played conservatively and added physicality to the midfield.

People are against the double pivot because they don't want to lose the Xavi, Iniesta partnership in midfield. Against lowly La Liga teams that's fine, at home on the pristine Camp Nou pitch that usually can work too. But in the Allianz? It's asking for a beating. If double pivot was played yesterday, Bayern would have struggled to get even 1 goal. It would have been a very tight match. As it is the team now has a four goal decficit

Boris

It's a big shame that this player is sitting on the bench. I'd like to watch him more often, it's such a shame...

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

I don't think it's the lack of a double pivot that's the problem. I'd say it's the lack of pressing. Against Bayern the two main problems were the lack of pressing and Messi being our only scorer. Which shouldn't have happened, since we have Villa. Why the fuck didn't Tito start him? Tito should at least have subbed him on at half time.

2011 is a long time ago in football. We fooled/outplayed almost all teams 6 years in a row - than we were the team to beat. Everybody studied us and found out our weaknesses piece by piece. This, coupled with when you put 4-5 players on our only goal threat, when you isolate Xavi from passing forward, when you play wingers that suck, when you don't fix our defensive problems, when you don't change tactics when playing a team that you logically should adapt to when played away.
Pressing yes, but what happens when you get the ball back but you still can't capitalize on that? Who would you pass? Pedro with his windmill arms? Sanchez aka 'slipping and sliding'? Messi who could hardly jog? And btw, forget pressing - if Tito could do his job he could figure out that Bayern could come out of our press. Did he not watch them play this season?
Double pivot should have been played against Bayern, Iniesta on the flank as the only player who could dribble somebody yesterday - at least he could have caused a little havoc.

Home of Barca Fans