Alex Song

I really hope he gets loaned. I'm starting to fell sorry for him, not his fault Zubi brought him. Man Utd should get him, he'd improve their midfield.

He could have chosen not to move. I mean, he should have known that he'd be a benchwarmer (generous term to describe his role at Barca) at Barca.

JamDav1982

He could have chosen not to move. I mean, he should have known that he'd be a benchwarmer (generous term to describe his role at Barca) at Barca.

No player thinks like that when the opportunity comes to sign for a club like Barca.

Most players believe themselves to be better than they are.

F

Flavia

You'd choose not to move? Improved wages, going to live in sunny Barcelona, and playing for one of the best teams in the world... who would be that crazy? Nonsense to blame him for the move.

You'd choose not to move? Improved wages, going to live in sunny Barcelona, and playing for one of the best teams in the world... who would be that crazy? Nonsense to blame him for the move.

He still made the choice of sitting on the bench to get that. I'm not hating him or anything for it (who knows, maybe I would have done the same in his shoes), but I most certainly don't feel sorry for him that he's a benchwarmer, and tbh, I don't think anyone should.

JamDav1982

He still made the choice of sitting on the bench to get that. I'm not hating him or anything for it, but I most certainly don't feel sorry for him that he's a benchwarmer, and tbh, I don't think anyone should.

There is reason to feel sorry for him in terms of hate he gets as there have been far worse players than him and bigger wastes of money.

There is reason to feel sorry for him in terms of hate he gets as there have been far worse players than him and bigger wastes of money.

Which says more about how bad the club is at transfers than it does about the Song transfer. Wasting 20m on someone who'd barely play when we needed a CB. The fact that we've made worse transfers is just sad.

Alarcón

We paid 19m for him and he played 65 matches in 2 years for us, he is far from being a waste of money, who would have played when Busquets was injured if not Song? Ilie?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
We paid 19m for him and he played 65 matches in 2 years for us, he is far from being a waste of money, who would have played when Busquets was injured if not Song? Ilie?

Oh God!! D:

Song has done well when he was called upon (i.e. when Busi was out with his hernia and against Atletico in the last game of the league). But with Mascherano now back in midfield and Samper waiting in reserve, it's best for both parties if Song moved to a club that actually needed him and where he would actually play.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
His time as a whole here wasn't 100% pathetic but he should leave now. These days his biggest moments are elbowing players in the back, selling Systeme Tchakap merchandise, injuring our own players, and happily sitting his ass on the bench while our B teamers get more preference from the coach. Adds little value to the squad on the pitch and seems to be a detracting force off of it.

When you have an important leader like Mascherano and an amazing prospect like Samper giving valuable depth and backup, there's 0 place for a guy like Song. I doubt he gives a damn about his career anymore with the general apathetic vibes he gives off and his preoccupation with non-football related things.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
His time as a whole here wasn't 100% pathetic but he should leave now. These days his biggest moments are elbowing players in the back, selling Systeme Tchakap merchandise, injuring our own players, and happily sitting his ass on the bench while our B teamers get more preference from the coach. Adds little value to the squad on the pitch and seems to be a detracting force off of it.

When you have an important leader like Mascherano and an amazing prospect like Samper giving valuable depth and backup, there's 0 place for a guy like Song. I doubt he gives a damn about his career anymore with the general apathetic vibes he gives off and his preoccupation with non-football related things.

He elbowed the player and apologised. His team mates don't seem to mind him doing all that and are even willing to step in and advertise it for him. He seem to be on great terms with most of the players. I don't think he is happy sitting on his ass on the bench. I think he want a solution, but there have been very few concrete offers for him, if at all. What do you expect him to do then?

I think you're being a bit harsh on him. I guess most of us have.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He elbowed the player and apologised. His team mates don't seem to mind him doing all that and are even willing to step in and advertise it for him. He seem to be on great terms with most of the players. I don't think he is happy sitting on his ass on the bench. I think he want a solution, but there have been very few concrete offers for him, if at all. What do you expect him to do then?

I think you're being a bit harsh on him. I guess most of us have.

Yes, he may have apologized and yes, no player actively dislikes the team clown or his fashion line but he adds nothing to us right now and is taking away plenty. He was one of Cameroon's worst players despite playing at a club like Barca which should be an opportunity for him to grow to a level higher than those of his NT teammates. Doesn't even show the hard work in training to warrant a few minutes in preseason even over teenage players that he should've earned seniority to. He's been an utter letdown for both his club and NT in recent times and there's little to suggest that he cares whereas plenty to indicate his obsession over Systeme Tchakap. Harsh it may be but harsh is well warranted IMO.

Home of Barca Fans