Alex Song

Hatem Ben Arfa

rofl. you have zero tactical knowledge. look at xabi alonso, he dicates tempo, supports attack and defence and keeps the ball moving. he is a world class deep lying playmaker.

you are thinking of an attacking midfielder whose only job is to assist (example: fabregas)

fabregas would fail at the other aspects on midfield play (what alonso does) - the only player who combines both deep lying playmaker with lots of assist is xavi thats why hes the best.

There is no need to get rude/provocative saying he has "zero tactical knowledge".

Xabi Alonso has not been World Class since his Liverpool days. All he does nowadays is lumber around like the slow tortoise that he is and foul people. He can still pass like one of the best but his days look numbered to me.

Arteta and Valero are good enough for Spain NT.

Last edited:
M

Messi+Eto

alonso creates chances because he gets forward more. khedira and lass rarely get forward. so hes obviously going to make assists.

with arteta he plays beside song who runs forward alot. so he cannot get forward as much because one person has to stay back. if song held his position arteta can get forward and make same assists as alonso.

Lets not get things mixed up here, Khedira and Lass do create chances too. . . Arteta is a great player, but "IMO" not better than song. . . Maybe equals, but Song would have the edge here. . Stronger, Rugged, Create assists and is much younger.

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
alonso creates chances because he gets forward more. khedira and lass rarely get forward. so hes obviously going to make assists.

with arteta he plays beside song who runs forward alot. so he cannot get forward as much because one person has to stay back. if song held his position arteta can get forward and make same assists as alonso.

Khedira and Lass do not get forward? Lass always pressed forward but doesn't go on a raging run into the opposition half. Khedira though, the guy is a horse on MDMA who always finds himself giving me a heart attack as he wastes chance after chance offensively, not to mention his poor passes. But song never robbed Puyol and scored against Barcelona.

P

PhilS

Song would turn out great at DM and midfield last 10 mins sub

to be frank this player is too good to be happy with that amount of time at any club and i cant see how he d get more

I think he will come off the bench often. For Busquets when the team needs to score. For Xavi or Iniesta when a lead needs to be preserved. Busquets has been playing too many minutes, having an alternative of this caliber will allow Tito to keep Busquests under 4000 minutes.

For every position, Barca needs someone who can come in and take over the starting role in case of injury, with the team still being good enough to win CL. The team will have two alternatives this good at forward, two at AM, one at DM, one at FB, one at CB, one at goal. I think, with the addition of Song, the team will be able to handle injuries to anyone but Messi.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
What will you say if Xavi wasn't creating assists for Messi? It is common knowledge that most people would argue Messi only scores as much as he does because of the sheer quality of Midfileders around him.

Well the only point in bringing up assists is that they are interesting to look at but not that useful of a stat without context.

The fact is secondary assists can be just as valuable as primary assists.

jairzinho

I see all the armchair tacticians are out in full force.lol. :p. Guys chill, lets see what happens with Song. There's obviously a reason why Zubi, Tito and the rest of them overe there want Song. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, at least for now. Lets see how that transfer turns out. For me, i'm optimistic and confident he will be a good transfer for us. If not then i'll troll. :D

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Khedira and Lass do not get forward? Lass always pressed forward but doesn't go on a raging run into the opposition half. Khedira though, the guy is a horse on MDMA who always finds himself giving me a heart attack as he wastes chance after chance offensively, not to mention his poor passes. But song never robbed Puyol and scored against Barcelona.

Now that I think of it Khedira and Song are kindrid spirits, Song wishes he was as good at Kung Fu though.

I see all the armchair tacticians are out in full force.lol. :p. Guys chill, lets see what happens with Song. There's obviously a reason why Zubi, Tito and the rest of them overe there want Song. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, at least for now. Lets see how that transfer turns out. For me, i'm optimistic and confident he will be a good transfer for us. If not then i'll troll. :D

I'm sure there was a reason Pep wanted Hleb and Chygryinsky too, that doesn't mean we can't speculate!

Hamzah

High Definition Member

theres getting forward at the right time and theres charging forward on every attack like song.

M

Messi+Eto

theres getting forward at the right time and theres charging forward on every attack like song.

Tell that to Arsene Wenger. . . Not sure if you know this, but Pro Footballers play to the Coaches instruction.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
rofl. you have zero tactical knowledge. look at xabi alonso, he dicates tempo, supports attack and defence and keeps the ball moving. he is a world class deep lying playmaker.

you are thinking of an attacking midfielder whose only job is to assist (example: fabregas)

fabregas would fail at the other aspects on midfield play
(what alonso does) - the only player who combines both deep lying playmaker with lots of assist is xavi thats why hes the best.
:amazed: I never thought I'd see you write anything even remotely similar to that... wow... it's like Dalitis praising an african, VivaUnited praising Liverpool or Ginge writing a post without swearing :hooray:

Also, the green text... :worthy:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I am just glad Barcelona missed out on Alou Diarra. He could have been very useful for two years, a perfect time for Sergio Roberto to come through or a better deal becomes available.

I have to admit that I know little of him, but he looked a beast during the euros... I wouldn't mind him at all.

Rivaldo

I'm fine with Song coming, I wouldn't mind having a more physically strong player in the team. I miss the days when we had Yaya. But at the expense of a CB? No no no no no, we need to get our priorities straight man. :puyol: is getting older and older and I don't really trust :mascherano: as our first choice CB(if Puyol is injured). I just hope :pique: gets his form back and :abidal: somehow makes a comeback.

Gervinho

Tell that to Arsene Wenger. . . Not sure if you know this, but Pro Footballers play to the Coaches instruction.
our last home game was against norwich and we were leading 3-2 and last few minutes song made a stupid mistake. wenger lost it with him in the dressing room. after that he didnt join in the traditional lap of honour after last home game of the season.....make that what you want of it

Home of Barca Fans