Alex Song

Der Kaiser

The source who said that is the same guy who predicted every single transfer down to the exact day it would happen. Is it that hard to believe that Song wouldn't agitate for a move? He was on a 2 year contract and Wenger had no other reason to sell.

The problem I have with reports like this is that they say that Song has been disfunctional etc. for weeks, even months, but just like 10 days ago Wenger said he doesn´t want him to leave and Song also said that he feels happy at Arsenal (if my memory serves me right). But just as Song leaves Arsenal for obvious reasons (no pay-rise, inability of Arsenal to compete for PL title) "experts" come out and reveal how bad he was for the team and how lucky Arsenal is to get rid of him. Whenever some Arsenal player talked about Song, they always pointed out how professional and exemplary he was on and off the pitch, so these reports just feel like a bitter farewell to me.

Meitux

if he does this hairstyle again
song_1256399a.jpg
its all fine for me :p

Gervinho

The problem I have with reports like this is that they say that Song has been disfunctional etc. for weeks, even months, but just like 10 days ago Wenger said he doesn´t want him to leave and Song also said that he feels happy at Arsenal (if my memory serves me right). But just as Song leaves Arsenal for obvious reasons (no pay-rise, inability of Arsenal to compete for PL title) "experts" come out and reveal how bad he was for the team and how lucky Arsenal is to get rid of him. Whenever some Arsenal player talked about Song, they always pointed out how professional and exemplary he was on and off the pitch, so these reports just feel like a bitter farewell to me.
surely if another club is negotiating for a player with you, its not like you gonna say i want him to leave and he's been a problem. Im not gonna diss song as a player, but surely this transfer went without any fuss from Arsenals side and the quickness tells you they wanted to sell rather than fight to keep him. And he did have 3 years left on his contract and not 2 like alot of people have been saying. He's a very good player tbh, just not a defensive midfielder imo

Der Kaiser

surely if another club is negotiating for a player with you, its not like you gonna say i want him to leave and he's been a problem. Im not gonna diss song as a player, but surely this transfer went without any fuss from Arsenals side and the quickness tells you they wanted to sell rather than fight to keep him. And he did have 3 years left on his contract and not 2 like alot of people have been saying. He's a very good player tbh, just not a defensive midfielder imo

True, the negotiations have been rather uncomplicated, but that doesn´t necessarily mean that he was acting like a douche and was therefore put on the transfer list. Why would he do that? He´s been at the club for like what, 6 years? They made him who he is, now why would he shit all over Wenger and the club all of a sudden? My take is that since he was one of the main guys last season, he wanted a pay rise, and when he heard that RVP was leaving, he thought that there was no way Arsenal is going to win anything in the next few years, so he wanted out. Not disrespecting anybody, just asking to leave to another club and earn more money and fame, which is what every footballer is after.

F

Flavia

This current look is alright, I think it suits him. Way better than the blond look. But nobody can complain about neymar's haircut now, if Barça ever signs him :p

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think one of the less heralded aspects of having Song in the squad might be pushing Busquets since he really has no alternate in the squad otherwise...Alex plays stronger, faster and more physical than Sergio and that sort of competition in the squad should only be a good thing for a player of Busquets' quality

Home of Barca Fans