Alex Song

abual3bed1

:eusa_think:Dunno. I myself would have liked to see him play, but i don't think Pamplona was the best place for him to make his debut, especially in a match like that. It was a wise move by Tito to be honest. That game was crazy. !

+1

better delay his debut than have a bad one.

Theconomist

You guys are having unrealistic expectations regarding Song's role in Barcelona.
I'd be very surprised if he gets 30 games this season and starts half of those.

Meitux

You guys are having unrealistic expectations regarding Song's role in Barcelona.
I'd be very surprised if he gets 30 games this season and starts half of those.
thats pretty much what i thought and its shame to take a good player and bench him cause he is better player generally than keita

Theconomist

thats pretty much what i thought and its shame to take a good player and bench him cause he is better player generally than keita

This is the Afellay situation all over again. The problem is from the club's point of view players like these are very useful and important for the squad. You can't have 3 Messis 2 Iniestas 3 Xavis...
Just like no matter how good the subs we buy are it's very unlikely they bench starters simply due to how good our first team is. Then again look at Mascherano. He was brought in to add depth and he ended up being the star defender last season.
No player is untouchable in our squad, you are as good as your performances and if Songs outperforms Busquests,Xavi or Iniesta I am certain he will take their place. Is that likely? No, not at all but it's a possibility.
Players that come to Barca know this.

JimmyGuitarist

I think I put up a comment similar in another thread, but Song will essentially give rest to all positions in midfield, as well as defence. Without putting him down, he will be more of a utility player but I think you'll be suprised at his own quality. I watched almost every Arsenal game last season & he does have a tendency to lose his discipline occasionally but he played as part of a double pivot at Arsenal & had more license to roam. I personally have no doubt that he'll succeed as a replacement for Keita.

jairzinho

Interesting Comments from Tito on Song from the Official website. Thought i'd share them.

On Alex Song, the manager explained that “we’ll see if he gets some playing time, it all depends on how the game is going.” Vilanova added: “the pivot position is very important to us, it’s a well-defined role. Song still has to learn how to play that role within our system.”

M

mitkoa7x

I would like to see him come in in the last 10 mins to to lift our 1st trophy of the season.

Alissa

Let's hope we'll get to see some Song winning Trophy with Barca within a week jokes after the game tonight...

impeh

Hi, its me..
surprisingly good considering the match he made his debut in.

Doubt he'll start against valencia but hope to see he get some minutes :blush:

Home of Barca Fans