Alexandre Pato

Ya but there was some talk last summer about Rosell being really interested in Pato. They might have made the Ibra deal with Milan also with Pato's future in mind. That'd be lovely...but probably wishful thinking.
Even if there's nothing about him in the Ibra contract, I think we can get him for 40-45M if we show interest and intent. He mentioned that he would only leave for Barcelona, and IMO Barca & La Liga suit his game much better. Not to mention the prospect of having a decent shot at winning something other than the domestic league//cup.

Last edited:
W

woobie

Well, possibly at some point but not for the foreseeable future. Pato's dating Berlusconi's daughter and I really doubt he'll be going anywhere.

Co0ter

He mentioned that he would only leave for Barcelona, and IMO Barca & La Liga suit his game much better. Not to mention the prospect of having a decent shot at winning something other than the domestic league//cup.

I agree completely. Pato is capable of taking off during a counter-attack, leads the line well and is a complete, deadly finisher. However, Pato is definately a service striker and he'd definately get a lot more of that with us than with Milan (midfield has 0 creativity). He's capable of scoring on his own (making his own opportunities) but with the right service he could rack in the goals....seriously.

He reminds me a lot of Eto'o minus the crazy, madman workrate...and he's only 21, not even a year older than Bojan.

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he needs to lose weight.

weighed 60kg when he joined, now he weighs 80kg.

I know that you always gain mass as you get older, but he's put on a third of his original weight ffs!

Co0ter

he needs to lose weight.

weighed 60kg when he joined, now he weighs 80kg.

I know that you always gain mass as you get older, but he's put on a third of his original weight ffs!

I think they tried to bulk him up b/c they wanted to play him centrally instead of as a winger. Either that or he is just hitting the weights way too hard.

When this kid was 18-20 I had so much hope for him, I loved watching him play. It's really disappointing to watch him be almost permanantly injured, by 22 I figured him to be one of the best strikers in the world.

impeh

Hi, its me..
14th injury in his career, apparently no one knows whats wrong with him.

Hope he can get things together and find some fitness, a few years ago everyone was talking about him and Bojan being the next big top strikers :(

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
14th injury in his career, apparently no one knows whats wrong with him.

Hope he can get things together and find some fitness, a few years ago everyone was talking about him and Bojan being the next big top strikers :(

In retrospect that's just depressing.

Anyway, I'd feel sorry for him but he's never really lived up to the hype even when healthy. You can only go so far when you lack basic football intelligence.

Also, a certain Milan fan on this site used to openly mock Jovetic for being injury prone, so karma is a bitch. Shame that these talented kids can't keep their legs though, while someone like Bojan never gets hurt.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I don't think he will shine again at Milan, he needs a move elsewhere and a fresh start imo, he comes across as very lazy/unmotivated to me but that could be because he's trying to avoid injury i really don't know.

I really like him though and wish him the best be it at Milan or anywhere else.

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
Anyway, I'd feel sorry for him but he's never really lived up to the hype even when healthy. You can only go so far when you lack basic football intelligence.

+1

He's awesome when in situation where he just needs to finish, but he's (below) average in every other situation. Hesitates, makes wrong decisions...

Home of Barca Fans