Alexis Sanchez

Stric

Why do people insist on labeling him as a RW? He only plays there because we won't put anyone else on the right when he's playing. And because we don't really expect him to score either way. But he's better on the left, just like every other winger in the squad.

Andrew M

He has a great work rate and is very fast, which is what Pep saw I in him I guess? :eusa_think:

Everyone has to admit, though, that Pep would not make a good scout :D

I mean, wasn't he quite influential in the acquisition of Ibra, Chrygynsky, Hleb etc and our gallery of failed transfers....

I think he should get 1 more season. Only downside to that is that, should he fail, his market value will be heading down to the deep south.

Indignado

He has a great work rate and is very fast, which is what Pep saw I in him I guess? :eusa_think:

Everyone has to admit, though, that Pep would not make a good scout :D

I mean, wasn't he quite influential in the acquisition of Ibra, Chrygynsky, Hleb etc and our gallery of failed transfers....

I think he should get 1 more season. Only downside to that is that, should he fail, his market value will be heading down to the deep south.

Pep was indeed horrible at transfers, which makes me kind of question his ability as a coach, but I guess his success proves me wrong.

Andrew M

Pep was indeed horrible at transfers, which makes me kind of question his ability as a coach, but I guess his success proves me wrong.

I would say that they are different skills. I think his identification of Busquets is one of his great legacies. Perhaps that was easier as busquets' role in the team was similar to Pep's.

Pep also showed admirable faith in the youth team.

In an ideal world you would have a coach and a director working together to identify potential players. Monchi and Juande Ramos at Sevilla was fine example.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He was a pretty decent scout though. Pedro and Busquets weren't even stars at Barca B before he took charge.

He was a pretty decent scout though. Pedro and Busquets weren't even stars at Barca B before he took charge.

Yeah, he was good with the youth players. His transfers were hit-or-miss though. Not all his transfers were bad (Villa, Alves, Pique, Cesc (to an extent), Masch (to an extent), etc), but they were certainly hit or miss.

Indignado

Yeah, he was good with the youth players. His transfers were hit-or-miss though. Not all his transfers were bad (Villa, Alves, Pique, Cesc (to an extent), Masch (to an extent), etc), but they were certainly hit or miss.

True, but if you compare it to Mou's or Bayern's transfer history, it's still not on the same level.. but then again, they probably had more capable sports directors.

Home of Barca Fans