Alexis Sanchez

abual3bed1

Alexis was trying too hard to do stuff. But our main link in attack kept dropping back and sometimes stay behind the ball for much longer time than usual. Both him and Pedro were up alone against the monsters in Bayern's defense.

oz187

yes, we had a big mistake,and bringing him when we could have aguero makes it even more bitter!

Aguero was 45M, Alexis was 26M up front and then add ons. We also got Cesc the same season for 30M or so. So no, we couldn't get Aguero with our budget.

Alexis did well, but he had very limited options to link up with. People say Villa should have played, but having Villa on the pitch would have given Bayerns wingers even more license to attack.

Kerrybai

Aguero was 45M, Alexis was 26M up front and then add ons. We also got Cesc the same season for 30M or so. So no, we couldn't get Aguero with our budget.

Alexis did well, but he had very limited options to link up with. People say Villa should have played, but having Villa on the pitch would have given Bayerns wingers even more license to attack.

Villa should have played in front of Messi though. Our current tactics have become stale and predictable.

Last edited:

spring

i remember everything very well. atletico's boss (or one of their staff) had a meeting with zubi and said to him we prefer to sell aguero to barca than real madrid and if i didn't mistake he asked about some of our unimportant players like keita and jds and... we could have aguero in a deal with money and some players with alexis' money!

oz187

i remember everything very well. atletico's boss (or one of their staff) had a meeting with zubi and said to him we prefer to sell aguero to barca than real madrid and if i didn't mistake he asked about some of our unimportant players like keita and jds and... we could have aguero in a deal with money and some players with alexis' money!

Except he didn't go to Madrid, he went to Man City which is an even better option for Atletico than Barca.

spark

Worst buy in Pep's era! I'm not saying he's a bad player, he's really good actually, but just not suitable for us.

From an economic point of view, Dmytro Chygrynskiy and Ibra were the worst. Massive fees, one year of service, sold at a big loss. Probably those signings, at Pep's behest, resulted in the square peg round hole approach we have today out of fear of it happening again. Need a goal scorer? sign a winger, need a defender? sign two defensive midfielders. We need to go back to simplicity, signing players that we need and playing them in their actual position.

spring

Except he didn't go to Madrid, he went to Man City which is an even better option for Atletico than Barca.

yes, but if i didn't mistake, when this meeting happend, there was just real madrid and because atletico didn't want to sell him to real, offered him to us but zubi said we want alexis and refused them, city came some weeks later!

Qonny

IMO, we should sell Pedro instead of Alexis. Almost all the critique that has been aimed at Alexis can be applied to Pedro too. Alexis shows more potentional than pedro as well.

J

jiopi

Yeah, it's not even that far to say he's Barca's second best player currently. Hopefully his form will continue to grow.

Last edited:

Darko

he needs to go to another club to fulfill his potential,Liverpool or Borussia would be perfect fits for him,give and go one touch passing clubs

Home of Barca Fans