Alexis Sanchez

Mr Hulot

Regarding his moments of glory against RM is funny how things work... You can give a quick read at the Afellay thread and you'll see people thanking him eternally and justifying his stay at the club with a single assist against RM, yet Alexis who has had some decent performances against RM, including goals, gets his accolades dismissed... Obviously, I'm not saying that you are the one saying such things, but it's an illustration of the disparity when people in general judge a player...

There is a big difference between an important assist in a CL semi-final and a goal in a first round La Liga game against Madrid in an eventually failed campaign. Belletti and Larsson will always be fan favorites, mainly because of their inspiring performances in a CL final. Thus far Alexis is remembered as a player that misses important chances in important games, while having a good span of form in his second year, when La Liga is already won. Personally he hasn't showed me that he has that special gear that players like Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Villa, Busquets, Eto'o, Puyol etc. have when it comes to important games.

Last edited:

ceefoo

Nice cameo appearance.

Could have scored and should have had an assist if it wasn't for Pedro's crappy finishing.

Garrus

I never doubted alexis, Even at his worst period, But WOW, Amazing how 'confidence' can change a player.

J

jiopi

Really ended the season in highnote.

Next season Neymar - Messi - Sanchez. :cool:

Can't wait.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Picture: Alexis' car after his accident on Wednesday night.[via sport] #fcblive
imagehdvk.jpg

He needs to be more careful. Could easily been killed.

Jelboo

So THAT's what we needed to do to make Alexis play better! Simply buy one of the world's most exciting young Brazilian wonderboys to directly compete with him on the flank! So simple, we should have known.

Home of Barca Fans