Alexis Sanchez

raki

He benefits from way more space at Arsenal and it seems to me EPL suits him more too. He has made the right decision to go and also the club selling him.
Glad for him.
I already saw many Barca haters among Arsenal online fans laughing at us for what they consider a "steal" from Barca but I really think that was the best thing that could happen to Alexis and to Barca alike.

42M is a steal? :lol:

Well, when compared with flOpZil maybe :p

The perfect scenario would have been to buy Suarez, maintain Alexis and sell Pedro but i doubt that Alexis would wanted a sub role. And EPL style of play suits him of course.
It´s like Diego Costa and atletico/chelsea and spanish team. So different.

Last edited:

raki

I remember Henry being shit in Serie A and a GIANT in EPL. It´s a very naive league, with few tactical knowledge but that brings uncertainty to many games. Just look at today´s Liverpool game. lol

Schumi

He benefits from way more space at Arsenal and it seems to me EPL suits him more too. He has made the right decision to go and also the club selling him.
Glad for him.
I already saw many Barca haters among Arsenal online fans laughing at us for what they consider a "steal" from Barca but I really think that was the best thing that could happen to Alexis and to Barca alike.

Selling us Vermaelen. That was the real steal.

FC B

42M is a steal? :lol:

Well, when compared with flOpZil maybe :p

The perfect scenario would have been to buy Suarez, maintain Alexis and sell Pedro but i doubt that Alexis would wanted a sub role. And EPL style of play suits him of course.
It´s like Diego Costa and atletico/chelsea and spanish team. So different.

Some of their fans think Alexis is so very good for the €42 m payed for him. In fact many barcaforum users thought as well this sum isn't enough for such a player at the moment of his departure to Arsenal.

Yeah that would have been a perfect scenario but I doubt Alexis would have accepeted the sub role and that Barca would have been happy paying much more for Suarez from their own pocket since Pedro would have cost half of Alexis price.

Seems like it was best for all parties then. Alexis and Barca for the reasons you give and Arsenal because he's our only shining light at the moment.

When you compare him to the disappointment that Mesut Ozil has been so far, It does seem quite a decent price.

Yeah but isn't it Ozil being played out of position by Wenger ?:)
At least Sanchez played many positions till he got the one he feels the most confortable in.

Selling us Vermaelen. That was the real steal.

Let's hope so ! But till then he is still unavailable to play after such a long time since he was transfered:angry:

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Tbh i was not expecting more than 25M for him even though he is 35-40M kind of player. But thanks to the world cup we got slightly more than what he is actually worth but if you consider recent transfer money it is a decent price for both the clubs.

anguy

Some of their fans think Alexis is so very good for the €42 m payed for him. In fact many barcaforum users thought as well this sum isn't enough for such a player at the moment of his departure to Arsenal.

Sanchez is worth app 40 mil in todays inflated market, but not for Barcelona. He was too similar to Messi and Neymar, our attack needed more diversity. Besides we have too an abundance of young forwards right now, whose path to the first team would have been blocked by Sanchez. Even without Pedro (who should be sold) we have Munir, Sandro, Deulofeu and Adama for the bench. Attack is least of our worries.

FC B

Sanchez is worth app 40 mil in todays inflated market, but not for Barcelona. He was too similar to Messi and Neymar, our attack needed more diversity. Besides we have too an abundance of young forwards right now, whose path to the first team would have been blocked by Sanchez. Even without Pedro (who should be sold) we have Munir, Sandro, Deulofeu and Adama for the bench. Attack is least of our worries.

I don't think Alexis was similar to Messi or Neymar but that he wasn't fit for our system. That's why he struggled that much till his 3rd and final season, after all though he is a great player whom I respect a lot for his character and for his very rough upbringing and finally he made it so well.

Co0ter

Arsenal can thank Sanchez solely for that tie vs Hull.

I really don't understand Arsenal, on paper their team is really quite decent. Seems to me that team can never have multiple "big names" in form at the same time.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
:worthy: what a workhorse. With his pressing he stole the ball again, this time from the GK and put it into the empty net! On 93th minute!

I know most people on this forum hated him and came to bash him after every game , good or bad , in my book he is still one of the most entertaining players in top fotball today.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Regardless of what he offered the team, Alexis has something that only Mascherano has in our team, and that is hunger, work ethics and commitment... I know that's not the holy grail of football, but it certainly helps...

Home of Barca Fans