Alvaro Morata

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Good deal for Chelsea and good news for us. No way Real will find a better back-up striker than Morata.

They still have Lucas Vasquez and Mayoral though, more than enough if Ronaldo/Benzema is injured or fatigued.

Looks like they are making space to bring in Mbappe, who will likely be the back-up until Ronaldo is out in the next couple of years.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

They still have Lucas Vasquez and Mayoral though, more than enough if Ronaldo/Benzema is injured or fatigued.

Looks like they are making space to bring in Mbappe, who will likely be the back-up until Ronaldo is out in the next couple of years.

Mayoral and Vasquez is a huge drop in quality from Ronaldo and Benzema.

Arkk

not worth anywhere near that type of money but interesting move. I thought Morata suited United better and Lukaku Chelsea but we'll see how he does in the PL

Devils

It will be interesting to see, that's for sure.

Conte has basically kicked Costa out of the club. Not sure if Morata will be able to fill the shoes of Costa, at least not immediately.

I'm curious if Chelsea are going to regret ditching Costa, he was a very good player for them no doubt.

BarçaBarça

Good deal for Chelsea and good news for us. No way Real will find a better back-up striker than Morata.

But they have 80 M € and a way to persuade great players to sit on the bench. I'm not that happy as a Barca-fan for all those money they are making - it is insane!

JamDav1982

But they have 80 M € and a way to persuade great players to sit on the bench. I'm not that happy as a Barca-fan for all those money they are making - it is insane!

Not many great players they have persuaded to sit go there and sit on the bench.

More likely they use the money to replace Benzema if anything.

Devils

They just won La Liga and the CL and last summer they only bought Morata back for a small fee.

They already has tremendous amount of capital even before this transaction occurred.

They can buy pretty much any player on the planet, but it really doesn't matter as it's going to be very difficult for them to replace players like James or Morata coming off the bench.

khaled_a_d

Like the money they got from James?
Come on now, Morata was a starter in CL finalist, one of few players to ever score in both SF ties and final in CL. He has all the quality you want in no9 with length,speed and talent. He is a bit underachieving but he was always going for huge fee.
This isn't a case of RM being great in selling, the demand for a player like Morata was always going to be huge

Trickykid

Mayoral scored, what, one or two goals for Wolfsburg? With both Morata and James, who could play wide forward in a pinch out, I really can't imagine them not bringing in an established forward this window.

Yannik

you'll be in for a treat if Mayoral ever starts due to Benzema's abscence.
And with "you are in for a treat" I really mean, YOU, as Barca fans are in for a treat.
Because Moyaral is atrocious and it's hilarious..

BarçaBarça

Like the money they got from James?
Come on now, Morata was a starter in CL finalist, one of few players to ever score in both SF ties and final in CL. He has all the quality you want in no9 with length,speed and talent. He is a bit underachieving but he was always going for huge fee.
This isn't a case of RM being great in selling, the demand for a player like Morata was always going to be huge

Of course he has something to show. 50 M max I would say - the rest is a good sale. Maybe it is me - but I don't rate him that highly - imo he will never be worldclass.
He went for the same amount as the notoriously over-spending Manchester United payed for a hyped-to-the-max stable PL-goalscorer Lukaku. And waaay more than former french topscorer (2nd last two years), who on average nets every other game in Ligue 1, Lacazette, who were also sold to overspending PL.

I get the point that "everything RM touches isn't gold", but even though James wasn't as good a deal as it could have been, you could just point to another: 30 M € for the biggest flop in recent RM history Danilo.

khaled_a_d

Mayoral scored, what, one or two goals for Wolfsburg? With both Morata and James, who could play wide forward in a pinch out, I really can't imagine them not bringing in an established forward this window.

Mpabbe isn't a sure thing for RM, there will be lots of clubs offering insane money for him once he decided to leave and he won't accept back up role, when he comes he will be starter.
Mayoral as [MENTION=8742]Trickykid[/MENTION] mentioned was a player who played 126 minutes in Wolfsburg who were the 3rd worst team in Bundesliga and survived relegation by play-offs, that is less than 5 games in total. Yeah he will be great back up for them.
RM has lost two established back up players and it will be tough for them to replace them, and new signings can be hit or miss. their bench was never going to continue like it was

Home of Barca Fans