Alvaro Morata

Bobo32

Good thing we didn't get Wijnaldum on top wages. PSG saved us.

What users wanted him badly again?
I should maybe be a bit more far-sighted and keep track of some of the things that are said here to counter some of the very far-sighted and petty users :)

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Not even a contest. Morata for all his woes has scored crucial CL KO games for Juventus and AM while all Depay has done in CL is get turned into a house cat by Bayern Munich.

Even though i agree Morata is better than Depay Morata had same type of game against juventus when they lost 0-3. When the team is crap a striker can't do much.

Birdy

I don't understand what 'basics' means for some here.
He can finish some easy to average chances in the box, when he is provided with
Something that tons out there can do as well.

Other than that, I don't see how that slow a #9 can fit the football we want to play.

Honestly, If Juve trashes him to us and gets Icardi, that would be the rob of the decade.
If we want a classic #9, why don't we go for Icardi instead?

feggydinho

Not even a contest. Morata for all his woes has scored crucial CL KO games for Juventus and AM while all Depay has done in CL is get turned into a house cat by Bayern Munich.

Depay was really vital for Lyon last season with 20 league goals and 12 assists, he was also vital for Holland. Haven't seen Morata have that massive influence in any recent team yet and even if Depay flaws are obvious, let's not forget he hasn't played with the fully fit team yet. Pretty sure Morata would've also struggled to have an influence here if we had him instead of Depay

serghei

Depay has been really vital for Lyon.

Lyon.

Morata played well and scored goals at CL semifinal & final levels (highest there is arguably), Euro semifinal level etc.

Just a player who, without being amazing, is quite tested along the years against the best teams. Depay had a shot at United, bottled it, and now has another shot at a big club, and can't put in a decent 4m pass.

His mentality is simply Lyon level.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Any striker would struggle with this supporting cast.
Depay looked pretty good with Fati around. Sadly Fati hasn't been around.
Morata is great in the air and has decent link up play.
We simply can't afford any more flops. I would have preferred Icardi. He at least knows the club and is a good finisher. Cavani too.

Andresito

Staff member
Any striker would struggle with this supporting cast.
Depay looked pretty good with Fati around. Sadly Fati hasn't been around.
Morata is great in the air and has decent link up play.
We simply can't afford any more flops. I would have preferred Icardi. He at least knows the club and is a good finisher. Cavani too.

You're saying no more flops and then you go on and mention Icardi..

feggydinho

Depay has been really vital for Lyon.

Lyon.

Morata played well and scored goals at CL semifinal & final levels (highest there is arguably), Euro semifinal level etc.

Just a player who, without being amazing, is quite tested along the years against the best teams. Depay had a shot at United, bottled it, and now has another shot at a big club, and can't put in a decent 4m pass.

His mentality is simply Lyon level.

A base comparison for me is in their stats, they've got the same goals ratio despite Depay not being a cf and Morata being a cf mainly, and Depay has more assists than Morata and is also more creative, You've got a point with the stage at which Morata scores though, but we need goalscorers, and Morata struggles to get goals so do we really need him?

vuji_31

Transfer will not be made.

Morata does not guve us anything that we need.

Rather play Jutgla then this fraud

Messi983

Also, apparently Juve wants Suarez to let Morata go.

He has declined a lot and will surely leave in summer but still don't see Atletico selling him in January.

Home of Barca Fans