André Gomes

xXKonan

Gomes was more "Attacking" with Valencia but while I didn't watch him in Portugal, I seen some people say he was Deployed as a #6 in a Double pivot as a deep lying play maker while he was there.

During the second leg of the Spanish Super cup at the Camp nou, Lucho used Gomes a bit deeper in the CM spot to a point where it allowed Busi to Push up further than he was. If I had to guess Lucho wants to use him in the old "Xavi" spot but like I said it's a mere guess.

God Serena

Lucho asked for Gomes, no? He will find a place in the midfield.

Ehh, I think too much stock is being put in Lucho wanting him. He wanted Vidal but the guy is going to be lucky to hit double digit starts across both this and last season. Him wanting Deulofeu is the reason why he didn't stay on loan at Everton for a second season (And he still got loaned out anyways lol), and him wanting Munir and Sandro to be part of the first team at the expense of their B team development has lead to very little for them and now neither is still with the club.

For each one of these cases solid reasoning can be made for why Lucho treated them the way he did but the common factor among all of them is Lucho changed his mind. If Gomes can't find a secure spot there's nothing stopping Lucho from changing his mind on him, either.

gasgas

Rakitic controls games? :lol:

Gomes in the Iniesta role? :lol:

Gomes worse than Denis? :lol:. it is just that Denis got more opportunities and is more adapted but that doesnt mean better.

Just :lol:

Atleast start saying these things in January, when the guy has played atleast 10 games

I remember a time like this last year we were butchering Rakitic, and even then he had a good preseason but start of the season, he struggled

Gomes has all the tools he needs to succeed here and end up a starter.
Grab your popcorns and watch this guy conquer our midfield, one step at a time

gasgas

I will save this page.

End of the season I will make sure to rub it in all your faces and make you eat your words :tito:

CatalinR10

what a waste of 50 mil

Money from his transfer + money from paco + some dumb 20 more mil if we win cl in the next 2 years pact and we would have gotten pogba

Sorin

We have the most spoiled fanbase in the world, i swear. Gomes is shit, Denis is shit, Paco is shit, before Digne completed a few games for us in pre-season he was shit(plot twist in his case). Some of them haven't kicked a ball for us ffs.

I mean they could turn to be mediocre to poor for us, but to say these things not 10 games into the season is ridiculous.

We can't have a bench as strong as the first 11. No team in history had that. It's impossible.

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
Rakitic controls games? :lol:

Gomes in the Iniesta role? :lol:

Gomes worse than Denis? :lol:. it is just that Denis got more opportunities and is more adapted but that doesnt mean better.

Just :lol:

Atleast start saying these things in January, when the guy has played atleast 10 games

I remember a time like this last year we were butchering Rakitic, and even then he had a good preseason but start of the season, he struggled

Gomes has all the tools he needs to succeed here and end up a starter.
Grab your popcorns and watch this guy conquer our midfield, one step at a time

I tend to agree with you . I have very high hopes for Gomes and hopefully we will see him ousting Rakitic out of the starting lineup ideally before Xmas . I also seeing Arda playing more and maybe sharing time with Iniesta !?!

Home of Barca Fans