Andres Iniesta

V

Valon

I don't know why are you guys bashing him. He's correct in a way, Iniesta is amazing and very underrated outside Barca fans but in the Barca community he's a bit overrated. He's not better than Messi in any particular part of the game, Messi has changed his playstyle a lot and plays a more mature game now where he doesn't go on about dribbling 5-6 players all the time.

Still Iniesta is not about goals and assists he's about making things work, Xavi can play and boss the shit out of a midfield when Iniesta is not there but when he's there he finds it a lot easier.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
I'm a massive admirer of La Liga, been watching it for the best part of the last 15 years and i've become even more intrigued with the current Barcelona team. Arguably the best i've ever seen in 2008/09.

That said, Iniesta is an overrated player. I know fully well he's capable of making numerous key passes, but he's more of an entertainer. His dribbling and ball control just last night for example was immaculate and had me smiling, but his end product was non-existant, as it normally always is, even his (rare) assist last night to David Villa was marginally over hit but for Villa's superb control.

I never said he completely lacks vision or passing ability either, but I used that to highlight what makes Messi and Xavi a notch above the rest. Xavi's passing ranges are incredible, like Beckham's crossing. He doesn't need to do the running when he can ping a pass on the money on a consistent basis as he does, in the same way Lionel Messi can just waltz through defences at will and score what is now 104 goals in 120 games under Guardiola.

Entertaining as he is, he's not quite as good as some would have you believe, and he certainly isn't as good as Messi techniqually, and i'm not even going to get started on why.

As for the last comment - Lionel Messi has 19 goals and 7 assists, Ronaldo has 13 and 6 in 1 more game.. enough said. ;-)

I will probably get bashed for this but I agree.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
I'm a massive admirer of La Liga, been watching it for the best part of the last 15 years and i've become even more intrigued with the current Barcelona team. Arguably the best i've ever seen in 2008/09.

That said, Iniesta is an overrated player. I know fully well he's capable of making numerous key passes, but he's more of an entertainer. His dribbling and ball control just last night for example was immaculate and had me smiling, but his end product was non-existant, as it normally always is, even his (rare) assist last night to David Villa was marginally over hit but for Villa's superb control.

I never said he completely lacks vision or passing ability either, but I used that to highlight what makes Messi and Xavi a notch above the rest. Xavi's passing ranges are incredible, like Beckham's crossing. He doesn't need to do the running when he can ping a pass on the money on a consistent basis as he does, in the same way Lionel Messi can just waltz through defences at will and score what is now 104 goals in 120 games under Guardiola.

Entertaining as he is, he's not quite as good as some would have you believe, and he certainly isn't as good as Messi techniqually, and i'm not even going to get started on why.

As for the last comment - Lionel Messi has 19 goals and 7 assists, Ronaldo has 13 and 6 in 1 more game.. enough said. ;-)
I can some Iniesta up with one sentence: Andrés Iniesta makes FC Barcelona tick. Without Iniesta we are a broken watch.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I can some Iniesta up with one sentence: Andrés Iniesta makes FC Barcelona tick. Without Iniesta we are a broken watch.

no he doesn't.

Xavi makes us tick.

Iniesta makes us tick more accurately, but he's not as central as Xavi (that said, Carefree isn't giving him enough appreciation).

although really if we're being accurate with the analogy, everyone makes us tick as we play in a system where every player is a cog in the mechanism.

poncirus

"I'm not obsessed with Messi, Iniesta is the danger," Ferguson says. "He's fantastic. He makes the team work. The way he finds passes, his movement and ability to create space is incredible. He's so important for Barcelona."
SAF knows.

For me, Iniesta is a best footballer in the world. He is lacking in department of sheer power and end product, and is not freak of a nature like Messi...

... but he epitomizes the game of football. There are attacking players who are all about creating and scoring goals. There are many breeds of them, some are powerful, some sublime, some opportunisitic, some work like horses, some are lazy...Their job is to deliver the end product, they are masters of a moment.

And then there is a master of all the rest of the game, a player that runs, presses, controls and carries the ball, finds angles, gets out of tight situations, always offers an outlet, always keeps the ball flowing - Andres Iniesta, a true master of a game of football.

Fuck stats.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
ive seen iniesta play and can tell you he was the best player spain had. although xavi wasnt playing that day so i cant say for sure if he is better than him.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
He dedicated his goal yesterday to his pregnant gf. In his celebration you can see him make an outline of a belly with his hands. How sweet.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
no he doesn't.

Xavi makes us tick.

Iniesta makes us tick more accurately, but he's not as central as Xavi (that said, Carefree isn't giving him enough appreciation).

although really if we're being accurate with the analogy, everyone makes us tick as we play in a system where every player is a cog in the mechanism.

That last sentence very nicely sums it up, but i disagree on putting Xavi above Iniesta regarding his importance for the team. Actually i take both for absolutely integral and key to get Barca running. Its Iniestas simple passing and esp. running, on and off the ball and offensively as muhc as defensively that sorts the playing field and the opponents positioning into a shape that can then be (foremost) abused by Xavis key passing. Without Iniesta, Xavi would have much worse conditions and fewer situations to do that.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Without Iniesta, Xavi would have much worse conditions and fewer situations to do that.
And more players surrounding him. As much as I love Keita, he can only take on one player at a time, and is marked by only 1 at a time. Iniesta can take on multiple players at a time, and when he is done with his moves he gives the ball to xavi who can work with more time, and more space which is a great win for Barca.

dalitis8

Banned
Don Andres

:worthy:

Nuff said.

Btw, I hope he scores even more goals this season.

His record is 9 during the 06/07 season in all competitions(6 in the League)

he has 3 already this year.

Juan03

:worthy: it's always a pleasure to watch Don Andres play, he is everywhere in the field even if he scores just a few goals a season he doesn't have to, he is just as brilliant with goals or not.

Home of Barca Fans