Andres Iniesta

Hatem Ben Arfa

Who starts the UEFA Champions League Final 2012 in Munchen, assuming that Barca reach the fina?

Fabregas or Iniesta?

I really can't see Pep doing a 3-4-3 in a UCL Final. If he did, I have a fear that we would get tanked like we did against AC Milan under Cruyff due to the 3 at the back being cut through like a hot kinfe through butter.

For me Fabgregas is relegated to the bench for a final like in World Cup, to play role of super sub.

Iniesta>Fabregas, even if Fabregas scores more goals than Iniesta.

Manuel Traquete

Who starts the UEFA Champions League Final 2012 in Munchen, assuming that Barca reach the fina?

Fabregas or Iniesta?

I really can't see Pep doing a 3-4-3 in a UCL Final. If he did, I have a fear that we would get tanked like we did against AC Milan under Cruyff due to the 3 at the back being cut through like a hot kinfe through butter.

For me Fabgregas is relegated to the bench for a final like in World Cup, to play role of super sub.

Iniesta>Fabregas, even if Fabregas scores more goals than Iniesta.

Is this a serious question? Fabregas is a great player, but Andrés is on a whole different level.

This is really a non-issue. A fit Iniesta is the second name on the lineup after Messi (or arguably third after Messi and Xavi)

Fabregas would only play a CL final if either Xavi or Iniesta were unavailable, or if Pep decided to go with 3-4-3.

Manuel Traquete

so you think he would go 3-4-3 in a final? Because I think it is asking for trouble.

No, I think he'd go 4-3-3, with the usual midfield trio of Busquets, Xavi and Andrés. Cesc would be a super sub, not because he's not world class (he obviously is) but because Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta are surely the best midfielders in the world at the moment by a distance and form the deadliest midfield trio.

Butaan4barca

No, I think he'd go 4-3-3, with the usual midfield trio of Busquets, Xavi and Andrés. Cesc would be a super sub, not because he's not world class (he obviously is) but because Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta are surely the best midfielders in the world at the moment by a distance and form the deadliest midfield trio.

or iniesta can take the left flank allowing faberagas to fit in mid ...

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
Either that or he'd play instead of Villa/Sanchez/Pedro in a kinda 4-4-2 with him roaming upfront a fair amount to play those sexy 1-2's with Messi.

Manuel Traquete

or iniesta can take the left flank allowing faberagas to fit in mid ...

That's a terrible idea imo. Iniesta is the best attacking midfielder in the world, moving him to the wing would be waste of his talents (he's very good there, but it's not the same thing).

We'd be losing both in midfield (Iniesta > Fabregas) and in attack, since Pedro/Villa is a much bigger goal threat than Iniesta.

Either that or he'd play instead of Villa/Sanchez/Pedro in a kinda 4-4-2 with him roaming upfront a fair amount to play those sexy 1-2's with Messi.

I doubt a CL final would be used for such experiments. The front 6 of Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Villa and Pedro has proven to be winning formula time and again. If they're all fit, why should Pep tinker with a winning formula.

gingerless

no way in hell fabregas starts over iniesta, bar an injury crisis. he will come on as a sub, but i don't even see him starting in a 3-4-3 because that is not going to happen in a CL final. unless we become RIDICULOUSLY good with the 3-4-3 this season, there is no way we will play it in a final and no way that cesc will play over iniesta

M

mitkoa7x

I didnt notice that Valdez joined the celebrations until now.
:wub: this moment

Cataloniakid

Iniesta is pure class -- if anyone deserved to score such a massive goal and feel such joy, it was him. Well done Andres, well done.

Home of Barca Fans