Andres Iniesta

Manuel Traquete

Silva's passing isnt at Iniesta's level. They are equally great at dribbling and shooting. Iniesta is much better at dictating play and switching the tempo also at tackling. Silva is great but Iniesta is godlike (Leo is God if you didnt know).

:facepalm:

Why is Silva being discussed here anyway? That guy is one of the most overrated players at the moment, he has no business being mentioned in the Iniesta thread.

Surely if Spain start with a false 9 it'll be Cesc?

Yes. Hopefully it will be Cesc to fill in the void left by Villa.

Cesc > Silva, clearly.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
So much bullshit being discussed in here, that kind of stuff is reserved for the Cesc thread, now everyone, GTFO

Maria

:facepalm:

Why is Silva being discussed here anyway? That guy is one of the most overrated players at the moment, he has no business being mentioned in the Iniesta thread.

Didn't you know that Silva proved he can do it on a cold night at Stoke?
He is one of my favourite players..but he is nowhere near of Iniesta or Messi's levels. I was especially dissapointed with him in CL, where he faced better midfields and totally chocked.

ammarfcb

ze special one
why are you so mad? So no one has ever mentioned any other player besides Iniesta in this thread? It's Iniestas thread and we are discussing Iniesta. I don't know why you are so afraid of people mentioning Silva. Is Silva a threat for Iniesta? Then why you so worried. Chill

the rules of this thread are clear. no matter what player you mention your main point has to be iniesta is a beast and no player in the world can compare. criticism of iniesta is not allowed. mentioning non-barca players positively in comparsion with iniesta is defiantly illegal here

Manuel Traquete

Didn't you know that Silva proved he can do it on a cold night at Stoke?
He is one of my favourite players..but he is nowhere near of Iniesta or Messi's levels. I was especially dissapointed with him in CL, where he faced better midfields and totally chocked.

Yeah, he's obviously a top quality player. But he's no better now than he was at Valencia, he's just getting more hype, to the point where he has become ridiculously overhyped. The lack of genuine superstars has made the British hype machine champion every player who can string a few great matches together. Silva is definitely a very good player, but comparisons to Iniesta are just absurd.

D

danumber10

the rules of this thread are clear. no matter what player you mention your main point has to be iniesta is a beast and no player in the world can compare. criticism of iniesta is not allowed. mentioning non-barca players positively in comparsion with iniesta is defiantly illegal here
Sorry I didn't read the rules. Plus no one has criticized Iniesta here. I thought a forum was about exchanging ideas and having discussions.

dalitis8

Banned

That is talking some real sense.

D

danumber10

Not when your ideas are Silva=Iniesta. 'Cus that just makes you look nuts.
I meant equal as in their style, their game. Both Spaniards, playing the same position pretty much. Both great players but I'm aware that Iniesta must be a couple steps above since Silva has been a bench warmer for the Spanish National team :)

zanela

Silva is not as good a dribbler as Iniesta. The latter's ability to weave his way out of crowded spaces is second to none in world football. Silva don't 've the same ball control, craft or mastery of the ball.
Man-marking is ineffective on Iniesta, doesn't mean the opposition don't try. Messi is not the only one being subjected to it(much more rigid in his case). Except our players have time and time again rendered such oppn. tactics futile. Silva is yet to follow suit.

UberNjufer

Yeah, he's obviously a top quality player. But he's no better now than he was at Valencia, he's just getting more hype, to the point where he has become ridiculously overhyped. The lack of genuine superstars has made the British hype machine champion every player who can string a few great matches together. Silva is definitely a very good player, but comparisons to Iniesta are just absurd.
yea you revealed the truth

ammarfcb

ze special one

one of the many differences in dribbling is that DON ANDRES can beat a ghost on dinner plate whereas david silva can beat rio ferdinand in 40 meter squared of space.

tumblr_lmd6nvez1m1qafrh6.gif

Home of Barca Fans