Andres Iniesta

Isaac_Cuenca23

Most players at Barcelona and for Spain move the ball on rapidly and much has been made of playing with a single touch. Or even, as Xavi recalls the Barça coach Charly Rexach insisting, with mig toc – half a touch. Iniesta is the opposite; he often moves it on fast but he also holds it, carries it, waits with it. Until the right moment. As one of Pep Guardiola's former collaborators explains: "He knows exactly when to release it. And he holds it so long, inviting pressure on himself and taking responsibility because, somewhere deep down, he knows that he is better than them."

Iniesta is the best in the world at taking defenders on, committing them and waiting for the exact moment to play the pass, thus taking his direct opponent out of the game. Not even Messi does this as well as he does.

Iniesta is the best in the world at taking defenders on, committing them and waiting for the exact moment to play the pass, thus taking his direct opponent out of the game. Not even Messi does this as well as he does.

Messi doesnt need to wait, he just passes them . Iniesta is great but overrated compared to Messi

ammarfcb

ze special one
Iniesta: "Spaniard with most shots but no goal? Don't know, I've been close several times. Maybe it's my turn in the final."

:hooray:

mixer

Iniesta: "Becoming best player at Euro? I don't compete for individual trophies. What would make me happy is lifting the cup."

ammarfcb

ze special one
noticed this:
di-8WG0.gif

di-0HZC.gif

dm-SRJ4.jpg

ammarfcb

ze special one
“He imposes so much respect on the pitch, As a football lover, I am proud to have played with him. He makes the difference and does things that no one else can do.”
— Sergio Ramos

“He gets better with every game. He has not had an easy season with injury but he’s in extraordinary form now. He carries the ball, he has creativity, the final pass, he’s good in front of goal. He is a reference point for us. He is creative, different, and he assumes responsibility. The team looks for him during matches.”
— Cesc Fabregas

“I’ve been playing with him since we were 15, and I have never, ever seen him play badly.”
— Fernando Torres

“Iniesta is the best. We saw today that we can play against all of them, but against Iniesta it is different. They are such a good team anyway but he is another level again. He has everything: he’s so fast, he thinks so quickly, he’s in control.”
— Ivan Rakitic (Midfielder | Croatia NT)

DON

Home of Barca Fans