Andrés Iniesta

footyfan

Calma, calma
Yes, they did.

No they didnt park the bus with two banks of four behind the ball. Did the teams play defensively? Sure, but definitely not the Chelsea model that every team seems so glad to borrow nowadays.

I don't really have much evidence because I don't have the games, but if you take a look at the type of goals we scored or even clips of our general play that year it's obvious to see.

X

xaviniesta

alexis_vs_8.jpg

the whole situation ended a minute later when alves put a cross into the box where xavi, messi and alexis was already bursting into. not a bad thing, but the thing is celtic defnce was already waiting there with like 7-8 men. the moment you captured is the exact moment when there should be runs into box, because then you can't sahke the celtic defence. lets ssay that messi would make a run there, 2-3 defender would catch him up (i doubt they played with offside trap too many times) and then lets xavi xavi would make a run after him, messi dragging the defenders away and xavi would have much more room there. that would be something i would like to see more often. instead they circulated the ball abour 20-30 meters from goal the whole minite which ended with danis cross into the box, not dangerous at all. only good thing about that i could figure out is that celtic had to be very diciplined, make a lot of running and they werent dangerous to barcelonas goal.

Mes que un club

No they didnt park the bus with two banks of four behind the ball. Did the teams play defensively? Sure, but definitely not the Chelsea model that every team seems so glad to borrow nowadays.

I don't really have much evidence because I don't have the games, but if you take a look at the type of goals we scored or even clips of our general play that year it's obvious to see.
Celtic didn't play like Chelsea, though, for a start. They kept two guys up front al the time and didn't just give the ball away and park like Chelsea or Inter did. People were saying exactly what you are saying now two-three years ago. Sure, some still thought they could press and attack us, but a big group of teams still just parked busses.

J

jtmx12

@footyfan

It's actually something like Tito said: there's a few teams that usually park the bus, but we and the media don't notice it because it usually doesn't work and we end up winning.

It's not really easy at all, if you analize Celtic's team, it's not easy to get
a) a pretty solid defense, and a bunch of fast & tall players,
b) a pair of strikers tht will score in their first attempt and
c) a goalkeeper that will save everything.

You don't see those things too often in La Liga, that's why even when some teams try it, it doesn't work. It's not easy as it seems.

Last edited:

Alik

If that had gone in it would have been one of his typical finesse golazos.

Was surprised to see him attempt so many shots.

Home of Barca Fans