Andrés Iniesta

F

Flavia

Very uneven performance, for me...Strange, he's been a bit like that this season...Is it all down to a temporary loss of form or is he actually unsettled, contract or playing style wise?...A real question mark
I've seen some claims he is saving himself for the wc. I dont believe this, but he's been playing better for spain.

CatalinR10

Very uneven performance, for me...Strange, he's been a bit like that this season...Is it all down to a temporary loss of form or is he actually unsettled, contract or playing style wise?...A real question mark

When the club is unsure whether to give him or not the insanely amount of + 500 K he asks for his contract , after all he has done for Barcelona , it's no wonder he isn't playing well.

Ghost

I want to know why Bilbao fans booing him?
They always do. Nothing to do with the ''dive''. I asked this last season, and the answers were different.

Iniesta apparently once said that San Mamés is a memorable/historic stadium for him, but later said it's nothing special.

That's the answer I got.

CatalinR10

Best attacking midfielder in the 12/13 Liga.

Bagr_8AIEAAO-ed.jpg:large

B

beautifulgame

I've seen some claims he is saving himself for the wc. I dont believe this, but he's been playing better for spain.

the main reason is tactical: Tata does not use rotation in the rombo's when in possession, Iniesta thrives on that type of rotation. Spain still utilizes this type of rotation and that is why Iniesta's game production hasn't changed much there.

This has been my only real worry with Tata and I've been hoping he is saving it to be implemented into the play a bit at some point.

DinhoR10

the main reason is tactical: Tata does not use rotation in the rombo's when in possession, Iniesta thrives on that type of rotation. Spain still utilizes this type of rotation and that is why Iniesta's game production hasn't changed much there.

This has been my only real worry with Tata and I've been hoping he is saving it to be implemented into the play a bit at some point.

Can you explain what you mean by rotation in the rombo's ?

B

beautifulgame

Can you explain what you mean by rotation in the rombo's ?

the foundation of football tactics can be best broken down to the rhomboid shape of four players in both defensive and offensive actions.

the triangle an outmoded representation of relational positioning and not nearly as effective as the rhomboid, some variation of this shape:

------------X------------

--X----------------------
---------------------X---
---------X----------------

Pep's team's tend to attack with eight with three rhomboids across the field. Now, what I mean be about the foundation being the rhombo is that within the larger formation, there is a smaller formation that is just as, if not more important than the formation of the 10 and that is the formation of the four, that is the ten broken down into sections of four.

For now, I won't go too far into this but by rotation, I mean simply the rotation between those four in changing places. The most basic form of this is to rotate clockwise or counter clockwise however, there are more advanced variations of movement as well.

Tata doesn't utilize this type of rotation where as Pep does so well, much better than Jupp and this is why Pep's Bayern is so much more deadly than Jupp's and also why a coach like Pep can get a player like Pedro to look like a superstar. You see, if you are technically proficient just enough this method makes you look like a better player because it is based much more on collective effort.

If you look back to that rhomboid I made, realize that the most forward player is the "forward" at the moment and the three others offer support, however this player and position changes so quickly when the rhomboid rotates with the ball per every touch. Which is why Pep didn't need to necessarily resort to the tactics of baiting out the opposition like Tata is right now by losing possession at times and giving opportunity for players like Neymar to take their guy on in space. A player like Messi or Neymar and Iniesta (although to a lesser extent) is invaluable because they can break a defensive rhomboid on their own at times. However, Pep's teams are less reliant on such talented skillfull reasons for the simple reason of the rotation he uses. As you can probably intuitively tell, this rotation makes it easier to keep the ball as well and play less risky passes while still creating chances. All high level teams use these tactics effectively, from Pep's Barca to Di Mateo's extremely different Chelsea. For example, like I mentioned earlier Pep lines up with two defenders and three rhombos across the pitch whereas Di Mateo lined up against Barca with two lines of five and effectively five rhombos. This is the best measure of a team's football and the basic reason why I predicted that Corinthians would win the CWC as soon as they won the Copa Lib because they were brilliant at this both defensively and offensively and very skillful to boot. This is the same reason I conceded just weeks into this season that Pep's Bayern was better than Jupp's already and why his Bayern was better at time already than his Barca even midway through his first year.

This is precisely why all this nonsense about Barca needing an evolution tactically after the Chelsea and Madrid loses is nonsense. These people that say that are mistaken. Rather, it was that new players needed to be brought in because the level of focus and effort dropped. Pep's tactics are foundationally the same with Bayern and they are the best team in the world easily and better than last year.

Defensively, the rhombo is just as important as well because it is by far the most effective way to mark man on man and zone at the same that. You may be asking how is that possible? Well, this will take a better platform to demonstrate than what I have no but basically each player that is not on the ball (that makes 3 out of the 4) drops into a position blocking both the through pass and the shot angle while still close enough their own man to be able to shoot up and mark if that man gets the ball. However, dont mistake this for the supportive players to ever be in an vertical or horizontal line with their own defender, that is suicide and any good forward knows that is an indication to cut and shoot because the defenders have nullified their numerical superiority effectively by their own positioning.

This tactic is most effectively learned in futsal where you have to organize 4 outfield players. This is why futsal is futsal is not only foundational for skill and technique but for tactical understanding as well. Spain's implementation of futsal and futsal-like training for all developing youths over the past over two decades is why they have created such a rich two generation of footballers. The Germans have followed suit but are still behind. The Brazilians have done this for many decades and many Argentine clubs like River as well.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans