Andres Iniesta

Total-Football

commentators are not experts .. matter fact i'm quite sure a hardcore football fan knows far better than those fools .. the only reason they said that was because the goal was scored .. i have a question for your Flavia .. at the moment when the ball was Rolling towards iniesta :

1- would you trust iniesta with that super hard shot to make ? ( maybe he would score 1 out of 10 with those circumstances )

2- would you have picked a close freekick ( messi scores those for fun nowadays )

because the ref had the exact same decision to make .. once iniesta shot is missed with no opponent Interfering then that would be a horrible decision ( by the book he benefited from the advantage of taking the shot doesnt matter what quality is the shot )

what clouds the judgement in this scenario is the fact that iniesta oddly scored :lol: .. but trust me , the right call was made

F

Flavia

commentators are not experts .. matter fact i'm quite sure a hardcore football fan knows far better than those fools .. the only reason they said that was because the goal was scored .. i have a question for your Flavia .. at the moment when the ball was Rolling towards iniesta :

1- would you trust iniesta with that super hard shot to make ? ( maybe he would score 1 out of 10 with those circumstances )

2- would you have picked a close freekick ( messi scores those for fun nowadays )

because the ref had the exact same decision to make .. once iniesta shot is missed with no opponent Interfering then that would be a horrible decision ( by the book he benefited from the advantage of taking the shot doesnt matter what quality is the shot )

what clouds the judgement in this scenario is the fact that iniesta oddly scored :lol: .. but trust me , the right call was made

The guy is an ex-referee, even did several wc games. And you are contradicting the rule:

"Allow play to continue when the team against which an offence has been committed will benefit from such an advantage. Penalise the original offence if the anticipated advantage does not develop or continue over the next several seconds."

if the advantage is not reached, the ref penalises the original offense. That's the point of this rule. It's not for the ref to pick one. He allows the play to go on to give the advantage to the team. if that doesn't happen, he can go back and call the foul.

Total-Football

[MENTION=20103]Flavia[/MENTION] we are going in circles .. the advantage mentioned there is an improved position not a goal .. if the advantage was = goal , red card , penalty they would have made a little liste .. it happened countless times , advantages were given , players found themsleves 1 vs 1 with the keeper thanks to the advantage call , they missed the shot , do you think the ref would go back to the original foul ?!! no !! this scenario happened a lot man ( is it woman ? lol ) ..

Last edited:

Total-Football

[MENTION=20103]Flavia[/MENTION] also this scenario happened a lot of times .. Ref gives an advantage , player ( with no pressure from opponents ) make a fancy long pass to his striker and misses it .. ( in the space of few seconds ) do you think referees will go back to the original fool because you missed a fancy pass ? ( although that meet your criterias .. only few seconds passed , no benefit from the advantage )

F

Flavia

@Flavia also this scenario happened a lot of times .. Ref gives an advantage , player ( with no pressure from opponents ) make a fancy long pass to his striker and misses it .. ( in the space of few seconds ) do you think referees will go back to the original fool because you missed a fancy pass ? ( although that meet your criterias .. only few seconds passed , no benefit from the advantage )
I've seen it happen plenty of times. That's exactly what the rule is for. Iniesta had a shot, and he scored. He shouldn't had called the foul before the end of that play.

Total-Football

I've seen it happen plenty of times. That's exactly what the rule is for. Iniesta had a shot, and he scored. He shouldn't had called the foul before the end of that play.

again , how the hell the ref would know Iniesta would score from that difficult position +Rolling ball ( far more difficult than the free kick )

we need a third party to come in and comment , because you still think that the ref can go back to the foul if iniesta misssed. and i say the ref wont go back to the foul because here Iniesta would have already benefited from an advantage ( improved position ) and voluntarily took a shot . we differ on the intrepretation of " advantage here " .. somhow you are convinced the advanatge they are talking about here is a goal.

Total-Football

sometimes ref gives an advantage and the player with the ball stops ( because he prefers a freekick ), ok? accoring to your logic .. why not just shoot the ball , and if he misses the ref would offer a freekick anyhow .. you know why ? because it's the same case , the ref would consider the advantage as already being benefited ( despite the player missing the shot ) .. this also happens a lot and messi has done it a lot , he just stands so the ref just immediately cancels the advantage and offer a freekick .. because messi knows a missed shot = no freekick

F

Flavia

again , how the hell the ref would know Iniesta would score from that difficult position +Rolling ball ( far more difficult than the free kick )

we need a third party to come in and comment , because you still think that the ref can go back to the foul if iniesta misssed. and i say the ref wont go back to the foul because here Iniesta would have already benefited from an advantage ( improved position ) and voluntarily took a shot . we differ on the intrepretation of " advantage here " .. somhow you are convinced the advanatge they are talking about here is a goal.
He can go back. The rule is clear on that. And I have seen it happen. Player shoots wide and afterwards the ref calls the foul. The ref had to wait. And a former ref said that today as well. It was a consensus with the commentators here. The advantage rule is not about predicting the future. It's for the team who suffered an offense, usually a foul, being able to continue the play if it benefits them.

sometimes ref gives an advantage and the player with the ball stops ( because he prefers a freekick ), ok? accoring to your logic .. why not just shoot the ball , and if he misses the ref would offer a freekick anyhow .. you know why ? because it's the same case , the ref would consider the advantage as already being benefited ( despite the player missing the shot ) .. this also happens a lot and messi has done it a lot , he just stands so the ref just immediately cancels the advantage and offer a freekick .. because messi knows a missed shot = no freekick
Messi only stops when he's taken down or has his shirt pulled and can't continue, otherwise he keeps going, that's how he is. It's not because of what you're saying there.

Total-Football

alright .. than you are mistaken Buddy .. as i said in the example above .. why players who prefer freekicks don't shoot .. if the ref is going back to the freekick anyhow .. isn't that an extra chance ? lol .. it's because what you said is not correct .. you don't have 2 chances . either the advantage goes on regardless of the outcome or back to the freekick ( not because of the outcome , but becaus the player B doesn't even receive the ball or receive it Under pressure from opponents )

let's wait for someone to weigh in .. we have a clear difference ,

Flavia :if the outcome of the advantage is not good (goal for example ) the ref goes back to free kick ( if iniesta missed his shot , the ref would have gone back to freekick )

Total Football : the outcome is irrelevant .. the only way to go back to freekick is ( player stops , player don't receive the ball properly , player receive ball Under pressure ) .. therefore in case of advantage , if iniesta misses = no back to freekick

Last edited:
F

Flavia

alright .. than you are mistaken Buddy .. as i said in the example above .. why players who prefer freekicks don't shoot .. if the ref is going back to the freekick anyhow .. isn't that an extra chance ? lol .. it's because what you said is not correct .. you don't have 2 chances . either the advantage goes on regardless of the outcome or back to the freekick ( not because of the outcome , but becaus the player B doesn't even receive the ball or receive it Under pressure from opponents )
You're mistaken. I surely take the opinion of a former Fifa ref over yours. It's not every time that a player will have the opportunity to take a shot after a foul either. The ref didn't allow the advantage and it was the wrong call. Spanish refereeing is known for being bad, anyway.

Total-Football

alright Buddy .. gotcha .. and let's wait for expertise lol .. i'm also convinced of what i'm saying .. the advantage mentioned in the text is an improved position and not a goal-penalty etc .

F

Flavia

let's wait for someone to weigh in .. we have a clear difference ,

Flavia :if the outcome of the advantage is not good (goal for example ) the ref goes back to free kick ( if iniesta missed his shot , the ref would have gone back to freekick )

Total Football : the outcome is irrelevant .. the only way to go back to freekick is ( player stops , player don't receive the ball properly , player receive ball Under pressure ) .. therefore in case of advantage , if iniesta misses = no back freekick
Goal is not the only advantage. Being able to carry on with the play is, sometimes it's making a pass. Problem here is Barça had a clear advantage denied by the ref. Wrong call. I'm going by what the actual Fifa rule on advantage says, and the opinion of a former Fifa ref.

F

Flavia

alright Buddy .. gotcha .. and let's wait for expertise lol .. i'm also convinced of what i'm saying .. the advantage mentioned in the text is an improved position and not a goal-penalty etc .
If a Fifa ref is not an expertise, who is? Unless you think I'm lying, of course.

Total-Football

Goal is not the only advantage. Being able to carry on with the play is, sometimes it's making a pass. Problem here is Barça had a clear advantage denied by the ref. Wrong call. I'm going by what the actual Fifa rule on advantage says, and the opinion of a former Fifa ref.

or taking a shot .. so why on earth would the ref go back to the freekick in the missed shot scenario .. u had the advantage of shooting.

Home of Barca Fans