Andrés Iniesta

JamDav1982

Sadly his best days have been gone for a while now. Hasn't aged like a Pirlo who got better. Will be hard to find another like him.

Pirlo was different. He stayed mostly in same are of pitch and AC Milan and Juve both protected him and his legs with other players.

Barca are already protecting Messi lack of running. To do that for two players would be too much.

Iniesta with two defensive, hard working mobile players covering for him in midfield would still be a great AM when properly fit but almost impossible for him to get that with Messi in team and rightfully so.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pirlo was different. He stayed mostly in same are of pitch and AC Milan and Juve both protected him and his legs with other players.

Barca are already protecting Messi lack of running. To do that for two players would be too much.

Iniesta with two defensive, hard working mobile players covering for him in midfield would still be a great AM when properly fit but almost impossible for him to get that with Messi in team and rightfully so.

Exactly.

Still plenty of games in him with a different role. Either as a starter in slower-paced matches or as a great option from the bench.

snowy

First, let him heal back to 100%
Playing injured is just asking for trouble
Then, every 2nd match, play Don the first half and Messi the 2nd. Neo's barely gotten a rest this season. Think only twice, the 1st half against Gladb and the 2nd one recently against Bilbao. And then folks rant about him not going Tasmanian Devil mode chasing every ball. c'mon, can't take the engine full blast every game and not allow for recup time.

Kragod

First, let him heal back to 100%
Playing injured is just asking for trouble
Then, every 2nd match, play Don the first half and Messi the 2nd. Neo's barely gotten a rest this season. Think only twice, the 1st half against Gladb and the 2nd one recently against Bilbao. And then folks rant about him not going Tasmanian Devil mode chasing every ball. c'mon, can't take the engine full blast every game and not allow for recup time.

Isnt Neo the chosen one, able to manipulate the Matrix? Why would he need rest?

snowy

flippin union regulations pal ;)

zvptoyn

bismp

I'm sad to say it,but he shouldn't start against PSG.He is not in the best shape possible unfortunately.He should come in as a sub if we are up 2-0 or 3-0 and need to score desperately

kilian

Yep. This injury really set him back. He looks awful on the pitch. I hope he`ll bounce back and show us a little more of his magic, he still has some years in him.

Galning

Him again not starting this game showed Lucho sees he is not ready. He again didn't look his usual self so I would use him as a sub until he is fully fit. Darn injuries :angry:

vlad

just remember few comments before the match when iniesta was seen in first 11, how this is bad decision, he is not on form, he is old, roberto would do better job, there was written one comment saying "i was excited until i saw iniesta in first 11" and still, he was decisive in 2 barca goals, back foot pass for autogoal and that crazy pass to neymar when was penalty situation, and along busquets and neymar, best player on the pitch, iniesta never disappoints in a big matches.:)

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
just remember few comments before the match when iniesta was seen in first 11, how this is bad decision, he is not on form, he is old, roberto would do better job, there was written one comment saying "i was excited until i saw iniesta in first 11" and still, he was decisive in 2 barca goals, back foot pass for autogoal and that crazy pass to neymar when was penalty situation, and along busquets and neymar, best player on the pitch, iniesta never disappoints in a big matches.:)
I do. Should never write off the pale genius!

Albo

Tbh I don't think he was that good, surely not as bad as I expected him to be but not good either. Extremely lucky tho. I think he had tons of shitty passes in the first half.

Last edited:

Neymessi

He wasn't anywhere near what he usually is. Honestly no one in the attack and mid apart from neymar was anywhere close to their best. But still he was part of a goal and helped neymar win the penalty with that great pass.

F

FlaFCB

Tbh I don't think he was that good, surely not as bad as I expected him to be but not good either. Extremely lucky tho. I think he had tons of shitty passes in the first half.

I'd be surprised if you thought he did. You've been saying "he's finished" since you registered. You hate him for some reason. All your posts here are bashing him.

Home of Barca Fans