Andres Iniesta

ManusXavi

Pirlo was different. He stayed mostly in same are of pitch and AC Milan and Juve both protected him and his legs with other players.

Barca are already protecting Messi lack of running. To do that for two players would be too much.

Iniesta with two defensive, hard working mobile players covering for him in midfield would still be a great AM when properly fit but almost impossible for him to get that with Messi in team and rightfully so.
I love him but we can't play him together with Messi against quality pressing teams.
He turned back the years against Sevilla today. Iniesta contributes to the beauty of football so much, it'll be a massive blow to finally lose him in some years. He can be resembled, but the Don is simply unique at his top level.

Loved watching him tonight. Pure class. :worthy:
Vintage Iniesta tonight .. Was sharp, decisive and agressive .. 10 of 10 performance
I think we looked a lot worse after he was subbed.
He is class indeed. I'd like him to remain at least 2 seasons more. We need him to be a reference point to Masia kids that will hopefully get more chances next season under new coach and he's still best damn midfielder we have.
An Elephant in the room: Iniesta being over run in the midfield in big games.
Edit: Because having him off the pitch in our best games this season is a poor move by us. We just need to support him defensively. . . nothing else is wrong with Iniesta.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Wasn't the worst, ONLY because we actually had Rakitic.

But Iniesta-Rakitic is not even a midtable level anymore.
At least in terms of running and any physical ability.

Luckily, we are buying a youngster Paulinho now, who will solve these problems :(

Thiago10

This was probably one of the better games he will have this season, and it was pretty mediocre.
Iniesta I will always love you, but please step aside man. If we don't get Coutinho, we might as well ask all our midfielders to lub up their anuses and open their legs.

Total-Football

Day and light compared to prime time iniesta. This is not just regression, it's beyond that. That is a player on the verge of retirement.Iniesta's brains cant make up for his physical decline.. You can see when he tries to bust those mini-accélérations (typical of his) players actually do catch up to him which is a precedent to be honest.. Iniesta still has a role in the team for this season and even the next probably; but as an extra player.

Thiago10

Iniesta is finished.

Such a shame we didn't go for Isco back in 2013, he absolutely bossed against us today.

Not getting Isco and letting Thiago leave are the worst decisions we've made in the last years, along with the decision to play Vidal as RB and buying Paulinho.

Arkk

he's done and dusted. can't understand how some people here think he can be a starter :lol: too quiet to be the captain also.. i love him for everything hes done for us but its time to move on. its sad watching his decline.. what a player he was at his peak.

Home of Barca Fans