Ángel Di María

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Well in that system I believe there is a lot of interchange going on.

Ok I still think he will be the No.1 winger in the world though.

Trequartista

The good
Great game today,If he can improve his last touch and his decision making in the final third,he can be one of the best players in the world

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
There was one specially cringe worthy where he went through their defense and when he got one on one with the keeper he made the most absurd cross, even when nobody was there to head it in...

AURELIUS

Doesnt he play on the right now?

Left wing/ inside left is his natural position but Mourinho want's him to cut in a la Messi off the right flank.

I will say this much for Mourinho he has improved his defensive game a fair bit and playing him on he right makes him a better player fo being forced to learn new positions and circumstances...all the better for Argentina. ;)

Chainsaw

Killahead
I liked him last night. He's playing with confidence. With more concentration he will be an integral part of the Merda.

Ataraxia

DI MARIAAA Couldn't hate him even when he was making our defense look like fools. I don't know how to describe watching him play, "organic" ?? maybe organic football.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Had a few bad games for Argentina at the WC and everyone is having a cry saying he's not that good. Good to see his doubters are starting to STFU. Very good player.

AURELIUS

Had a few bad games for Argentina at the WC and everyone is having a cry saying he's not that good. Good to see his doubters are starting to STFU. Very good player.

Eh ? Watch closely and he links up with Messi well ie the buildup to Palermo's goal against Greece. Rarely gave the ball away and did what was required of him without complaint though he was unhappy in the role.

When he was asked to play left central midfield this might explain why he did not show what he can do in an attacking sense.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I'm going off everybody else's reactions. I didn't think he was THAT bad at the WC, but everyone else was saying he's overrated and such. People jumped the gun but now he is a gun. :D

Hatem Ben Arfa

What a selfish player this guy is! Whenever he is near the 18 yd box he never seems to pass and always opts to blast it, and usually over!

He's improved in being less selfish in his play over the last year, but I'm watching USA vs Argentina game right now and he seems to have reverted to his old ways.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Messi did the same thing but I don't see you complaining. What is the deal?

At least he attempted at scoring, better than walking the ball into the net.

gingerless

yeah messi is as selfish sometimes too but he does create much more for the team, he was chasing the ball around too. didn't see di maria doing any defensive work

the first goal that argentina scored was the same situation (where messi was near the right post) as when di maria was with the ball, but the difference was that messi passed (timed nutmeg) and di maria took a shot on goal with the keeper covering the near post.

i don't hate di maria or anything, i actually rated him high before he joined madrid but he wasn't at his best in this game

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
yeah messi is as selfish sometimes too but he does create much more for the team, he was chasing the ball around too. didn't see di maria doing any defensive work

the first goal that argentina scored was the same situation (where messi was near the right post) as when di maria was with the ball, but the difference was that messi passed (timed nutmeg) and di maria took a shot on goal with the keeper covering the near post.

i don't hate di maria or anything, i actually rated him high before he joined madrid but he wasn't at his best in this game

You see what you want to see, you make it out to be whatever you want to...Di Maria did defend but you are mixing it up by the fact that Di Maria is made for the counter, he was supposed to be the last man standing because he is faster than anyone else..

Messi more stupid minded dribbles than anyone else, he gets away with it because he is the best on earth...

he was far from his best for sure but how many times are messi and di maria play in a year? they will get used to each other, no worries...evry body is a bit off...

Hatem Ben Arfa

Messi did the same thing but I don't see you complaining. What is the deal?

At least he attempted at scoring, better than walking the ball into the net.

The only example I've seen of it is that one video that was posted on the Messi thread. I watched the game last night, he made a hell of a lot more passes after going on a run than DiMaria did.

Di Maria is notorious for never passing and always opting to shoot, and more often than not shooting wildly over! Anyone who watched Argentina 2010 WC Qualifiying campaign will testify to that!

You see what you want to see, you make it out to be whatever you want to...Di Maria did defend but you are mixing it up by the fact that Di Maria is made for the counter, he was supposed to be the last man standing because he is faster than anyone else..

Messi more stupid minded dribbles than anyone else, he gets away with it because he is the best on earth...

he was far from his best for sure but how many times are messi and di maria play in a year? they will get used to each other, no worries...evry body is a bit off...

LOL

'Messi's stupid minded dribbles' I'll have to save that one :lol:

If you have a player that can dribble past 5 players in 1 go with such consistency that you would fancy placing a bet on Messi to beat all 5 players rather than on the 5 players dispossesing him, There is nothing stupid minded about it! Especially when there is nearly always an end product to it (21 Assists/45 goals)!

Di Maria is near on the most seflish player that I know, even more than Ronaldo! Messi can't be classed as selfish because he always always creates for his teammates. I see no problems in running past 3 players and laying on an assist for your teammate. Which Messi did last night, but Di Maria failed to score from 2 yds.

Home of Barca Fans