10 - Ansu Fati

Andresito

Staff member
Compared to Felix, Ansu has been impressive though. Buying Felix for 70 - 80M and selling Ansu would be a mistake in my eyes. But its still early in the season we’ll have to see how everything evolves.
Felix was impressive in the beginning too. Don't think he'd do any worse at Brighton than Ansu has.
But I don't think we should sign Felix, it'll be another summer at Atleti where they demand way more than he's worth. Only way I see it if Mendes begs Laporta to splash the cash on him.

Back to Ansu. You could say Felix also lacks strenght and pace, but there's a difference in how they try things. Ansu looks like he's in jog mode, he doesn't fight his way through situations. The turns Felix tried against Shakhtar would probably break Ansu's body, he seems so stiff.

Porque

Hope to see Brighton have a run in Europa with Ansu having a pivotal role. Good start so far.

Don't think Ansu is going to do enough to earn a spot back here, certainly with Xavi not being keen on him.

But atleast that way he can prove enough to move on somewhere else who can afford him.

JohnN

Everyone looks better outside Barca. For any player you see and think he is good, imagine a 70% decrease in performance after 3 months with us

Messi983

He deserves another chance if he stays fit and plays well this season.

Send Lewa to SA, Raphinha back to EPL and Ferran on loan to whoever will take him.

Bring back Ansu, sign Nico to give us pace we're lacking since Dembele left, get a cheap veteran striker like Morata (don't like him too much but at least he's more mobile than current days Lewa), Taremi or WBY to compete with Roque and sign another versatile winger.

Porque

Nah, let Mendes work his magic for a sale. Maybe a Newcastle bite.

It's not a case of Kubo where he is/was lacking physically but all the technical traits were always there.

Ansu is a great finisher with timing, but lacks pace, link-up ability, one-on-one dribbling and the press. More suitable for a counter side or quick transition team which we are not.

I wouldn't go for Kubo, but we require wide players who excel individually like him, Mitoma, Demballs and at a pinch Nico.

Basically we got 1000 problems and 999 start with Xav. We need that one that fits him perfectly.

iniestaGOAT

He deserves another chance if he stays fit and plays well this season.

Send Lewa to SA, Raphinha back to EPL and Ferran on loan to whoever will take him.

Bring back Ansu, sign Nico to give us pace we're lacking since Dembele left, get a cheap veteran striker like Morata (don't like him too much but at least he's more mobile than current days Lewa), Taremi or WBY to compete with Roque and sign another versatile winger.

Nice FIFA moves. Now figure out how to sign them for 0$.

Then shut down your play station.

Messi983

Don't have play station and don't play FIFA.

Nico and Morata are on expiring contracts so unless they renew with their teams before January we could sign them for free. Bigger problem would be offloading Lewa and Ferran.

Porque

If could get the likes of Morata/Nico coming in and Vitor, then having transfer budget just for a solid DMC, then that would be a great summer.

There is Ndidi for a free even, I recall he is great in recuperations but pass success rate extremely lacklustre. May not fit well here.

Porque

The year is 2034. To get out of the CL group stage Xavi only needs 3 pieces.

-A left winger who can dribble
-A busi replacement
-A RB who can pass well

Let's hope we get it right this time...

Messi983

Nah, let Mendes work his magic for a sale. Maybe a Newcastle bite.

It's not a case of Kubo where he is/was lacking physically but all the technical traits were always there.

Ansu is a great finisher with timing, but lacks pace, link-up ability, one-on-one dribbling and the press. More suitable for a counter side or quick transition team which we are not.

I wouldn't go for Kubo, but we require wide players who excel individually like him, Mitoma, Demballs and at a pinch Nico.

Basically we got 1000 problems and 999 start with Xav. We need that one that fits him perfectly.

I think Ansu's link-up is good and he'll surely improve further under De Zerbi. Think he's still holding back a bit physically (or has instructions to do so) but don't see problem with his pressing either. Wouldn't be his main task anyway and can't be worse than Lewa on his last legs.

I think balanced team need players with different characteristics and we would kind of have that with those I've mentioned. Nico would bring pace and dribling Ansu doesn't have and Vitor is great at pressing from what I've seen (don't know how he'll be used here though). Both are also natural finishers which we need.

Morata also has good work rate and movement but can't really finish (at least not when he's onside, lol) so would be frustrating to watch but on a 1-2 year deal as a backup/squad player we could do a lot worse. And then Yamal who is really a wild card so early in his career but has 1 on 1 abilities and creativity so could be used different ways (remains to be seen if Xavi can figure that out though). Should definitely bring someone more experienced to get pressure off him though like Messi had Giuly early in his career. Or more likely just keep one of Raphinha/Ferran (will probably be impossible to offload both from a FFP perspective as both still have lot of unamortized value on the books) to compete with him.

Just my hunch but think Ansu would work well with Roque if we'd use last year's system with four midfielders and a more defensive RB (don't think we should buy Cancelo) and Balde overlapping on the left. Could also be used as that 4th midfielder. Xavi tried that few times end of last season but didn't really have enough consistency to see if that would work. But he's playing in that AM/SS role for Brighton and doing fine.

Either way I think giving up on Ansu IF he'll be injury free for two full seasons and show improvement at Brighton would be a mistake especially considering our alternatives are Raphinha, Ferran or spending big money on Felix.

Now if Mendes could bring us 70-80m then would def consider selling but not if that money would go directly for Felix which would probably be part of the deal. And I don't dislike Joao as a player just think he's not worth big money and would take Ansu over him if given a choice.

Messi983

Tbh after watching him regularly this season I'm not as high on Mitoma anymore. Don't get me wrong he's a good player but looks inconsistent to me.

OTOH starting to really like Adingra. Raw but looks a great talent. Probably won't be sold before 2025 unless they get a "stupid" offer they can't refuse. Not likely but you never know with EPL clubs.

No need to say they are both out of our price range considering how good Brighton is at selling.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Brighton coach:'' I expect more and more from Ansu.He played well but he could have played better after the second goal and could have scored a third goal. He needs to push himself more (Coach said after the 2-0 against Ajax). He can play better, he is a special player and has a great potential. Atm he is only showing 60% of his potential.''

Im sorry guys i only found a german source thats why i translated it by myself (sorry for mistakes 😶)

Amazing statement from the coach, if he is right and Ansu can go to 100% he will be an unstoppable weapon!

Home of Barca Fans