10 - Ansu Fati

El Barcelona

Ive decided to keep my name

after having it for 3 years it would feel weird to change it to only 'fati' , the 'future ballon dor' has become part of my identity

and who knows, maybe Ansu will win ballon dor one day and i can say i was the first guy in the world who believed in him!
Nothing wrong with keeping the dream alive.

Birdy

I doubt he'll get much time under this system frankly. I think Ferran Torres is likely to play more.

However I'm still really rooting for the kid, I have hope he'll still turn out to be a superstar even if it looks impossible. What happened to him is hurting my heart.

I would say the exact opposite.
Ferran is a great off ball runner to create chances by his movement, but much less than Ansu into synergic play and combinations that are Flick's idea outside the box.

I see a rejuvenated Ansu thri

MontenegrinCuler

How fast people have given up on him is crazy. He has like 15 years of career ahead of him and a vast undeniable talent. Until now his injuries and his dropped confidence because of injuries were the problem but the medical staff is on a much more serious level now and if he keeps himself away from injuries he will definitely go on to become one of the faces of his generation.

Of course, he can still pretty easily get injured because of physique and the medical staff doesn't play that much of a role in completely eliminating possibility of him getting injured. The danger will always be there.

But if he gains momentum, starts scoring and gets back into his form then stays there for a while - he just needs to keep himself away from long term injuries then. A few weeks or months wouldn't destroy him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Biggest challenge for him will be physical demands obviously. Off the ball play to be exact:
Will he make the runs in the box and will he have the stamina to press.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It’s the burst, it’s always been the burst - it’s no longer there. If he has space, he can be lethal because he‘s a natural goalscorer IMHO. But he still couldn’t get separation whenever I saw him with Brighton

I struggle to see him recover that burst so yes confidence can of course still be an issue for a player who has had a massive change in his fortunes. Let’s see how Flick intends to exploit his excellent link up play and nose for goal because he’s a terrific player, just without a defined position to play to his current strengths

Masetro10

I would say the exact opposite.
Ferran is a great off ball runner to create chances by his movement, but much less than Ansu into synergic play and combinations that are Flick's idea outside the box.

I see a rejuvenated Ansu thri
All Ansu needs to worry about is arriving into the box late and smashing the passes from Olmo/Yamal home. That will be his bread and butter.

Masetro10

It’s the burst, it’s always been the burst - it’s no longer there. If he has space, he can be lethal because he‘s a natural goalscorer IMHO. But he still couldn’t get separation whenever I saw him with Brighton

I struggle to see him recover that burst so yes confidence can of course still be an issue for a player who has had a massive change in his fortunes. Let’s see how Flick intends to exploit his excellent link up play and nose for goal because he’s a terrific player, just without a defined position to play to his current strengths
Inverted LW with Balde outside of him. That has to be it or there is no other way.

Home of Barca Fans