Anthony Martial

S7_MUFC

So apparently this is the overall deal :

30 million now, and 5 million each year over the next four years.

Bonuses :
5 million if he is League's top scorer (upto 3 times)
5 million if he wins the Golden Boy award (Not sure what this is)
10 million if he wins the Ballon D'or

I'd be delighted if we ended up paying the full 80 million. Somehow, I have a feeling that 50 million will be the extent of the fee.

Those bonuses seem unlikely at the moment and if we end up paying even one of those than he'll have been a success..

Jair Ventura

Monaco's president says €60+€20 and that 100% of the fee will be paid within 4 years. I don't know that I'm buying the alleged addons after his comments.

Jair Ventura

If this kid is worth 50 million euros, how much is Alexandre Lacazette? Lacazette featured in 33 games last season and directly contributed to a goal 33 times (either goal or assist) while Martial had less than half of that. Granted, Lacazette is a bit older but how people compare Martial to Henry when Lacazette for a while now has been playing Henry-like for a couple seasons now doesn't cease to amaze me.

Not saying Martial isn't good, or even a good signing for UTD. But there is no fathomable way he is worth 50 million euros in this market and I don't understand why Lacazette doesn't get more praise and acclaim. Only Messi and Ronaldo outproduced him statistically speaking last season, I just don't get why people hype Martial when Lacazette, in my opinion, is a better, more polished product.

Fekir is also a notably better player at this point. I don't doubt that both will be cheaper than Martial in the coming seasons.

There's always a bunch of young hopes coming out of France so I don't buy the supply and demand argument. Hell, Carrasco was apart of the same Monaco team, is 21, and was much more important to The clubs success last season yet went for €20m to Atletico earlier in the summer.

Jombi

Nabil Fekir will probably go for more than 130m euros now that it has been confirmed that Martial is going for 60m euros + 20m euros which might be guaranteed.

valonquar

So apparently this is the overall deal :

30 million now, and 5 million each year over the next four years.

Bonuses :
5 million if he is League's top scorer (upto 3 times)
5 million if he wins the Golden Boy award (Not sure what this is)
10 million if he wins the Ballon D'or

I'd be delighted if we ended up paying the full 80 million. Somehow, I have a feeling that 50 million will be the extent of the fee.

I don't believe the Ballon D'or clause, no one is insane enough to put that there with the likes of Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo ... still playing. There is no way that clause would be triggered within 4-5 years.

Jombi

It's overpriced, but not anything too unusual.

30 million straight, is what I'm looking at.

The trickle of 5 million each year after that is pocket change.

You should be looking at 60-80m euros. No one cares whether transfers are paid in installments or not. I am sure many or most of our transfers in the last few years have been paid in installments over several years as well. What matters is the sum they have to pay regardless of how he does for Man U, and that is between 60m euros and 80m euros depending on how you interpret Monaco's statement.

anguy

It's overpriced, but not anything too unusual.
30 million straight, is what I'm looking at.
The trickle of 5 million each year after that is pocket change.

It is unusual. Before this summer 50 mil was paid for world class players. And even this season only Sterling was sold for huge amount of money without being WC, other big purchases were tall for top players. Martial is just talent and it is not certain at all he'll develop into top player. IMO his real price should be around 25 mil., 35 mil for extremely wasteful teams like PSG or City (or United now haha). Also he is primarily LW, so he'll primarily compete against another young talent - Depay.

Alik

You should be looking at 60-80m euros. No one cares whether transfers are paid in installments or not. I am sure many or most of our transfers in the last few years have been paid in installments over several years as well. What matters is the sum they have to pay regardless of how he does for Man U, and that is between 60m euros and 80m euros depending on how you interpret Monaco's statement.

It's not going to cost more 50 million euros if those figures posted by S7_MUFC are true. (those bonuses are highly unlikely) I was referring to his post.

As for the installments, it makes a difference. It's called the time value of money. I don't think our transfers have been made like that, but maybe I'm wrong. In that case you can ignore this bit.

Dave Saves

What statement? And where does it say 60 million Euros minimum? BBC say it's £36m (50 million Euros) which can rise up to £58m (80 million Euros). It's already a stupidly high fee, no need to make it seem worse than it already is.

anguy

It's not going to cost more 50 million euros if those figures posted by S7_MUFC are true. (those bonuses are highly unlikely) I was referring to his post.

As for the installments, it makes a difference. It's called the time value of money. I don't think our transfers have been made like that, but maybe I'm wrong. In that case you can ignore this bit.

Almost all transfers today are like that. Even Real pays in installments.

Jair Ventura

What statement? And where does it say 60 million Euros minimum? BBC say it's £36m (50 million Euros) which can rise up to £58m (80 million Euros). It's already a stupidly high fee, no need to make it seem worse than it already is.

RMC and Monaco say it's 60-80m and that all addons will be paid within 4 years. Vadim stated that the date may change but that the fee will be 100% paid.

http://rmc.bfmtv.com/search?q=martial+&filter=0

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans