Anthony Martial

oggydude

80m is nothing for this lad, future ballon d'or winner, GOAT, always rated him since I heard about him 24hours ago.

IamGundogan

From RMC

Monaco will receive € 50 million guarantee. This will be paid in the amount of € 30 million up front, followed by four payments of € 5 million each year in July.

The additional unsecured expenses, totaling another € 30 million. These include € 5 million each time Martial is the top scorer in the Premier League, to a maximum of € 15 million. Another € 5 million will be due if Martial wins Golden Boy. The final € 10m will be paid if Martial won the Balon D'or career in Manchester.

More then happy to end up paying the full 80M euros.

Jombi

OK, it will be 50m euros out the window then, not 80m with those crazy add-ons.

Sold for 10m in 2 years to West Bromwich.

Icarium

Lifestealer
That is a great deal, really only paid 22 million pound right now.

Aren't you are forgetting something? Like his current level and potential? He is worth 10M tops from what i heard. I have never seen him play so i can't comment. Even if he was talented will he get enough minutes to develop? I doubt it. It just spells disaster to me. Not to mention the area he has to improve mainly is his physicality i think, so epl is bad move.

Jair Ventura

Aren't you are forgetting something? Like his current level and potential? He is worth 10M tops from what i heard. I have never seen him play so i can't comment. Even if he was talented will he get enough minutes to develop? I doubt it. It just spells disaster to me. Not to mention the area he has to improve mainly is his physicality i think, so epl is bad move.

He won't have a problem with the physicality, the problem will be no longer playing in an environment conducive with the development of young talent. He won't have the time, space, or freedom to develop into the player he could've been had he stayed a couple more seasons with Monaco.

Jombi

installments are very common in all transfers. Its nothing special. 50m euros is a horrible deal the way things stand now. Absurd even. But maybe Man U are banking on 100m euros for promising youths and 300m for superstars being normal in a couple of years with the way money is pouring into the league.

Last edited:

S7_MUFC

Where did you get that figure? There's no mention of fee on the official site but I did see this ironic statement on one of the articles:"However, Martial's excellent potential was so obvious Monaco paid €5million for his signature in a transfer that rocked French football."

Jair Ventura

Confident that this will go down as one of the worst signings in history if not the worst after its all said and done. He'll have flashes and he'll contribute, but not enough so to warrant 60m Euros and 3 years from now after United fails to win the EPL or win any meaningful matches in Europe the pressure will become too much and he'll leave for half of what United paid.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Too much. Market might go even more crazy next year.

But I think he'll do well if allowed to settle. He probably won't be exactly what they want right now as he's inexperienced, but they should give him enough playing time if they want him to develop.

Dave Saves

Confident that this will go down as one of the worst signings in history if not the worst after its all said and done. He'll have flashes and he'll contribute, but not enough so to warrant 60m Euros and 3 years from now after United fails to win the EPL or win any meaningful matches in Europe the pressure will become too much and he'll leave for half of what United paid.

Nice to know you can see the future.

Home of Barca Fans