Arda Güler

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Saying that didn't Rodrygo sign with us and then end up at Madrid :lol:. Papa Perez certainly knows his dirty magic.

He didn't.
Same thing happened with Vinicius and Rodrygo. The Barcelona press kept blabbering about how the player wanted to join them, how the club had the signing under the control only for them to choose Madrid instead.
Then after that they claimed the players chose more money instead which is weird considering we kept handing out massive salaries to literal duds.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Sam Marsden said that kid preferred Madrid anyways even before we approached him, so let him go, whatever.

Sucks to lose out to Madrid again but do we really need him? Probably not.

He will compete with who? Bellingham and Camavinga?

Porque

He didn't.
Same thing happened with Vinicius and Rodrygo. The Barcelona press kept blabbering about how the player wanted to join them, how the club had the signing under the control only for them to choose Madrid instead.
Then after that they claimed the players chose more money instead which is weird considering we kept handing out massive salaries to literal duds.

As the forward reminisced, Barca had everything tied up with the player's father until Madrid present Florentino Perez, still smarting about missing out on Neymar, hijacked the move at the last minute.

Perez is said to have offered both the player's family and agents €8mn ($8.6mn) each on top of the €40mn ($43mn) - with €20mn ($21.5mn) to be paid immediately - handed over to his Sao Paulo coastal club who were experiencing financial difficulties at the time.

---

Need to get the contract signed with handsome penalty clauses for breaking.

Messigician

As the forward reminisced, Barca had everything tied up with the player's father until Madrid present Florentino Perez, still smarting about missing out on Neymar, hijacked the move at the last minute.

Perez is said to have offered both the player's family and agents €8mn ($8.6mn) each on top of the €40mn ($43mn) - with €20mn ($21.5mn) to be paid immediately - handed over to his Sao Paulo coastal club who were experiencing financial difficulties at the time.

Who writes this shite

DonAK

They're quoting Sport, a Catalan sports paper. We're probably never going to get a proper unbiased report about what truly happened, but I don't believe that it was *only* about the money.
As it often does the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Porque

Who writes this shite
This part?

“When my father told me the news... I always tell this story," Rodrygo explained. "I had two shirts: one for Barca and one for Real Madrid and I had to choose.

"It was very easy for me to choose. But it was all agreed with Barcelona, it was a surprise for me, I didn’t expect Real Madrid to come. It was a scare but then it was one of the happiest moments of my life," he added.

Rodrygo

Messigician

This part?

“When my father told me the news... I always tell this story," Rodrygo explained. "I had two shirts: one for Barca and one for Real Madrid and I had to choose.

"It was very easy for me to choose. But it was all agreed with Barcelona, it was a surprise for me, I didn’t expect Real Madrid to come. It was a scare but then it was one of the happiest moments of my life," he added.

Rodrygo
The whole thing really, like neymar is the reason madrid went for him lol

DonAK

Better hope those Vitor Roque contracts are signed before Chelsea come in offering his father a truckload of the best coke money can buy.

khaled_a_d

I don't think anyone is interested in Roque lol

Arsenal and Chelsea met his dad and made an offer, and then he made an interview with Sport essentially putting an end to any other club hoping to get him.
He is one of few who has 1 club he wants to go. Loyalty maybe, stupidity perhaps or both

DonAK

Thank god for Gundogan and Roque or else we would be ending this transfer window with only Inigo Martinez and the made in Somalia version of Busquets.

Porque

First failure for Deco. Could be a good thing, hopefully it ignites a fire to identify bigger prospects and tie them up before Madrid and the Oilers next time.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Laporta needs to learn his lesson of not opening his pie hole to make himself feel important and being in control etc. or to placate the fans. It is making him look like a fool. You don't see Florentino Perez or those Bayern guys talk about stuff like this until the contract is signed.

Don't blame the kid, if you were a neutral (and not preferring Madrid like he is anyways), you look at Madrid and you look at us, you probably will choose Madrid too.

Home of Barca Fans