Arda Güler

mc_lovin

Honestly, he was going to be a good transfer regardless. Kid is talented.
But nothing to blame Barca for, we tried and made all possible offer to him and his club, and we were outbid. Nothing to complain about
Yeah, Real did a pretty good job of snapping him up. Pretty low risk investment. For them it's a very good situation. For the players it will be a bloodbath with Mbappe+Endrick also coming in.

Andresito

Staff member
Madrid have potentially 80m in sales ready, and it will be a player they won't need but other teams will drool to get. Good situation for them.

Can sell any of Mbappe, Vini, Rodrygo or Arda if one of them wants to leave because of lack of playing time/status. And they won't be hurt from that because the others will simply be more fitting in the XI

khaled_a_d

Madrid have potentially 80m in sales ready, and it will be a player they won't need but other teams will drool to get. Good situation for them.

Can sell any of Mbappe, Vini, Rodrygo or Arda if one of them wants to leave because of lack of playing time/status. And they won't be hurt from that because the others will simply be more fitting in the XI

This is how you do it, hoarding talent under elite pragmatic coaches, and pray they aren't Griezmann or Hazard

Porque

To be fair to our SD, we would have had Arda Guler, Bergvall and perhaps Estevao if in normal finances.

Jury still out on a couple of those, but our eyes were in the right direction and making the moves before Madrid.

mc_lovin

He's playing as mid for Turkey and doing good. Much better than our so called "creative" players, who are either injured or not all that, and that for a mediocre team.
You mean the guy who created the most chances per 90 in this tournament?

I only watched the 2nd half, but Guler was nowhere to be seen. Also played as a wide playmaking mid/winger. I absolutely don't care about profiles like him anymore unless they are as talented as Messi :lol:

Porque

To make a comparison, Guler standing out for Turkey is no different than Kubo standing out for Japan or a young Shaqiri standing out for Schwizzerlan.

Infact, a young Shaq at 18 would probably be getting hyped through the roof if playing at this Euro.

Gnidrologist

You mean the guy who created the most chances per 90 in this tournament?

I only watched the 2nd half, but Guler was nowhere to be seen. Also played as a wide playmaking mid/winger. I absolutely don't care about profiles like him anymore unless they are as talented as Messi :lol:
I'm not comparing him to Yamal, but Pedri/Gavi. If he's really a pure winger, okay, i take my words back. Just saw that he plays as mid coming from deep for Turkey and thought that's his profile. Guess it means he's versatile at least. One thing he has over our boys is his shooting and willing to take risks though. Hopefully Flick instills this adventurous attitude at Barca.

jamrock

Same folks are always so quick to shit on our players.

But this kid is obviously good, like many before said,we tried to sign him, but our finances did permit it

Home of Barca Fans