Arda Turan

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I am excited as well, the guy missed football so much he'll probably run 13km every match he'll play. And bwt did the club made sure that he have extra pair of boots in case he needs to throw his at the linesman or referee?

He better not throw any shoes while playing for us. Red card and suspended for 5 games.

serghei

His boot throwing incident was the reason why I was so shocked to see we'd ended up signing him. In my eyes that would have been up there with signing Marcelo or Xabi Alonso.

I kind of liked it. When a football player does that, it means losing is not something he is willing to accept and that frustration comes from wanting to win the game at all costs. That's a winner attitude right there. Sure it happens sometimes that said agression and desire to win manifests itself in the wrong way (Suarez best example), but at the end of the day I'd take a guy who does not accept failure, instead of one who's not that bothered when his team loses.

So, what he did was wrong, but his frustration was good, and, in the long run, that grit is the base of a winner mentality. He just needs to channel it to a good purpose. That's what I want from him basically, dig deep when he's on the field. Talent is there, and if he backs that up with effort and the right mentality, he's gonna be golden for us.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I kind of liked it. When a football player does that, it means losing is not something he is willing to accept and that frustration comes from wanting to win the game at all costs. That's a winner attitude right there. Sure it happens sometimes that said agression and desire to win manifests itself in the wrong way (Suarez best example), but at the end of the day I'd take a guy who does not accept failure, instead of one who's not that bothered when his team loses.

So, what he did was wrong, but his frustration was good, and, in the long run, that grit is the base of a winner mentality. He just needs to channel it to a good purpose. That's what I want from him basically, dig deep when he's on the field. Talent is there, and if he backs that up with effort and the right mentality, he's gonna be golden for us.

So do you like it when Ronaldo does it?

Co0ter

The throwing of the shoe is funny. Deliberately tackling to hurt someone or whining in the manner of a little child (Ronaldo) is different.

Alarcón

Who on here didn't find it funny when he threw his shoe at the linesman??? I mean come on, that was basically the highlight of the Copa games against Atlético

beogatts

What if he waits for referee in the parking lot after the game and throw his shoes? I think it's ok as long as it's his shoes.

nah man..in barca, its different..he will get banned for 10 games instead. no refs (or even FIFA) will side barca unless money thrown :p

serghei

So do you like it when Ronaldo does it?

Ronaldo does it for him. He is pissed because HE didn't score. He scored a hattrick the night Madrid lost the league, and he was all smiles. Can't like that, a player that plays for himself mostly.

Ronaldo has a winner mentality, but the way he handles himself on the field is not right. Being angry when your teammate scores a goal instead of you, that's unacceptable.

Last edited:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
People thinking him throwing his boots at an official was funny..... I thought it was pretty disgusting behaviour but there you go :benitez:

Can you imagine the outrage if Penaldo did the same :lol: :lol: :lol:

People fighting for the shirt is good but there is a line that has to be drawn. Personally prefer players who show passion like Masch and Puyi do/did rather than players who throw temper tantrums like spoilt children.

Home of Barca Fans