Arda Turan

dakt

Rakitic will have huge struggle in keeping his position on the pitch. Arda is much more technical...but at least we'll have very strong bench.

EdmondDantes

Rakitic will have huge struggle in keeping his position on the pitch. Arda is much more technical...but at least we'll have very strong bench.

Maybe, but Raki's performances have improved a lot in the last few weeks. He's coming into form now as well, and his long range rockets are an asset to break down defenses. It's gonna be great for us fans seeing the two of them battling for a shirt, ensuring they both remain on top of their game.

Alen

I don't know about him pushing Rakitic out of the line-up. Arda's not a CM(i've never seen him play there) and i'm not convinced of his ability to play there. He's a fighter and all but the inside of the field is a very tricky place. Especially at Barça.

I see him subbing for Iniesta and MSN. Rakitic still doesn't have any real competition imo.

serghei

I don't know about him pushing Rakitic out of the line-up. Arda's not a CM(i've never seen him play there) and i'm not convinced of his ability to play there. He's a fighter and all but the inside of the field is a very tricky place. Especially at Barça.

I see him subbing for Iniesta and MSN. Rakitic still doesn't have any real competition imo.

Arda played as a midfielder for AM mostly. Wide midfielder, but still midfielder.

Alen

Arda played as a midfielder for AM mostly. Wide midfielder, but still midfielder.

He always played wide, never in the middle, there must be a reason Simeone didn't use him there. Winger in that compact block is nothing like CM in this Barça team. Much more responsibilities, space to cover and a lot less help. I may be wrong but i just don't see it.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Small point in the scheme of things but I don't like #7 for Arda. As for where or how he will play with this team, he's been training with the team for months and so I suspect Lucho already has a good idea. Very much looking forward to how both him & Vidal are implemented, should make for an exciting 2nd half of the season...to make history, again

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor

Rakitic's defensive contribution on the right side is hugely important to our system. Arda will have to demonstrate more than just his technical ability to displace Rakitic from the starting lineup.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They won't play in same position anyway. Arda is LCM and more attacking one (like Iniesta), while Rakitic plays as RCM and has a more defensive role.
Iniesta's minutes will drop imo. as he will be saved towards the end of season.

El Flaco

Arda's playing style is more similair to Iniesta compared to Rakitic.

I think Roberto will be the one to compete with Ivan once the Turk is available.

raki

He always played wide, never in the middle, there must be a reason Simeone didn't use him there. Winger in that compact block is nothing like CM in this Barça team. Much more responsibilities, space to cover and a lot less help. I may be wrong but i just don't see it.

Because he had Gabi and Tiago. He used his talented central midfielders on thw wings: Koke and Arda.
In the NT Arda is a number 10 with proven sucess. He can play in several positions.

Alen

Because he had Gabi and Tiago. He used his talented central midfielders on thw wings: Koke and Arda.
In the NT Arda is a number 10 with proven sucess. He can play in several positions.

We still don't know if he can play CM though. It never happened.

Home of Barca Fans