Arda Turan

barcanuck

Very nice tackles. I don't think he will offer as much offensively as Raki so I see him as a second choice to Raki in the Gala XI.

Kuchi

Very nice tackles. I don't think he will offer as much offensively as Raki so I see him as a second choice to Raki in the Gala XI.

He was brilliant for atletico, their main creator, how can you make that statement after his first ever game for us, and his 3rd or 4th in 6 months?

El Flaco

You haven't watched Atlético's games regularly aside when they played against us or Madrid, right?

Last edited:

xXKonan

Arda: "I was a ball boy in 2002. Christanval gave me his shirt after the game. Didn't mind the player, I had a Barça shirt..." [catradio]

Arda: "I remember Barça's game against Galatasaray in 2002? Sure, Luis Enrique was offside when he scored. i already told him... (laughs)"

Arda: "What did Messi whisper in my ear? Leo's very smart, on and off the pitch. He makes great jokes, often with just a few words." [catr]

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Arda: "I was a ball boy in 2002. Christanval gave me his shirt after the game. Didn't mind the player, I had a Barça shirt..." [catradio]

Arda: "I remember Barça's game against Galatasaray in 2002? Sure, Luis Enrique was offside when he scored. i already told him... (laughs)"

Arda: "What did Messi whisper in my ear? Leo's very smart, on and off the pitch. He makes great jokes, often with just a few words." [catr]

What a character!

Mido

I think Sergi Roberto and also Raktic is a better fit in that position than Arda Turan, as he lacks composure, and is more of a rabbit in the hole kind of player, but we'll see what happens. It's a good thing he is versatile and can play 3 or maybe 4 positions in our team. That's what I like the best with him.

You obviously have a problem getting along with Turan having a starting place in he " Gala XI ". That can be understandable. Rakitic, as far as I can remember, was very average in his first matches and got better after a few weeks. But I must reckom that they were phases in this game where I thought to myself that Turan brings a lot more security than Rakitic and he seemed to be a lot more comfortabl in his debut than Rakitic.

I've feel that Rakitic has to give more physical effort thant he would wish to deliver a good performance at least. Turan, on the contrary, seems to be more composed.

xXKonan

Feels really great to have good depth in the Midfield again.

Iniesta
Busi
Rakitic
Arda
Roberto
Rafinha
Mascherano

I wouldn't mind seeing a Arda-Roberto-Rakitic Midfield at least once this season.

Nucky

Iniesta
Busi
Rakitic
Arda
Roberto
Rafinha
Mascherano

I wouldn't mind seeing a Arda-Roberto-Rakitic Midfield at least once this season.

Love it too.. Beside the best attack also the best midfield..

klc123

He was brilliant for atletico, their main creator, how can you make that statement after his first ever game for us, and his 3rd or 4th in 6 months?

+1

I can't believe people are saying that Arda will be a more defensive choice. It's like they never watched him play at Atletico... If anything I think he will be a much more attacking option, and will actually be more suited to slot into Iniesta's role in midfield, which will take pressure off Rakitic to create chances, because I've always seen Rakitic as a player who fills the "Xavi" role in midfield more than the "Iniesta".

Iniesta
Busi
Rakitic
Arda
Roberto
Rafinha
Mascherano

We need a pivot in midfield, and we haven't seen Rakitic or Roberto fill that role properly. When we need to rest Busi, I would rather see a midfield of Mascherano, Rakitic and Arda, with room to swap in Roberto/Rafinha depending on the fixture.

Last edited:

Jombi

Masche doesnt belong in our midfield at all, and that's fine. Roberto has been hugely impressive in that role whenever he has played there, so I hope Lucho never contemplates playing Masche there ever again. We look like a completely different team with Masche in DM, and thats not a good thing.

Home of Barca Fans