Arda Turan

Catalan Fan

Actually one of the reasons I think he could be useful was because of his ability to play on Ney and Messi's position but I am starting to question if he can play there for us. We'll see how he does there if he ever will.

His age is worrying. That's why I also didnt really want Nolito as a squad player either. But Nolito's clause of 20m euros is a more reasonable price for players at that age. But I dont think we'll sign Nolito.

He's not a winger, he's not going to replicate either Neymar or Messi.Why would you think that ?

He may have to play in a more forward and wide position from time to time, but he's not a winger.He's a versatile midfielder and was bought to bolster our midfield, so let's give him a decent chance to get match sharp and see what he can do.

I personally think he's done ok so far, but Lucho knows what's best for the team and mostly I would trust his judgement.In the grand scheme of things the team have done pretty well so far this season, especially given the lack of squad depth before we got Arda (and Aleix ) actually playing.

Give it time, let's assess him in Apr/May ?

Jombi

He's not a winger, he's not going to replicate either Neymar or Messi.Why would you think that ?

If he never will play in Ney's or Messi's position (I said nothing about winger so that's something you just made up for whatever reason) his value for us is less unfortunately. And I suspect he wont be able to play in Ney's or Messi's position, but let's see.

anguy

He was bought for LCM role primarily. Remember Iniesta was nothing special last season, Roberto was still nobody and our only creator was Messi. Of course it all changed during last few months, so big money for him can now look a little bit too much, but during summer it was perfectly rational purchase.

El Flaco

I heard Barca has started a Turkish Twitter because of Turan. This is Arda!!!

Good decision.

Turkey's a big football nation where Arda is the biggest star by far and many want to follow him.
And of course, there's a lot of Turkish culés over there.

MasChe

Happy birthday Arda!

Arda-Turan-z-butem-w-filmie-300.jpg

Help beat them Atleti today!
THIS IS BAAARCAAAAAA!!!

El Flaco

[youtube]/watch?v=tKltoU27V1Y[/youtube]

Just a shame Leonidas missed the target in his birthday :(

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans