Arda Turan

xXKonan

From Barto himself (Posted from the Transfer Thread)

Bartomeu (presidential candidate): "Turan will cost bit less than 35M. Hope it'll be done in next days. Depends on managing committee" [ser]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
AS says while our managing committee is putting the transfer on hold, Turan prefers going to the EPL and despite having received an offer from Manchester United, he is waiting for Chelsea's pending offer as he prefers joining Chelsea and he wants to have the transfer wrapped up before July 8th.

Sounds more plausible than all the Barca rumors. Why would he forfeit 5 months of playing football to join us?

xXKonan

Wouldn't surprise me if Lucho has a hand in trying to get the committee to sign him early (Since the rumors strongly Suggest He wanted Arda) and he also wanted another "Midfielder" before Pre season. and regarding the AS rumor it I think The Managing Committee part is correct in a sense but Bartomeu Several hours after that rumor was posted pretty much spilled the beans on Twitter and on a radio show that they pretty much have a deal set with Arda, and they will meet in the next couple of days to see if they will approve it before the 18th(Like I posted above if what Lucho rumors are correct) wouldn't shock me if he played a big role in trying to convince the Committee to sign off on it early.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Turan won't win any votes. And opinions are divided in him anyhow and supposed price.
Obviously, Lucho wants new players in sooner rather than later or in January.
I don't like the fee nor am I a fan but in Lucho I trust.

Xavinho

Wouldn't surprise me if Lucho has a hand in trying to get the committee to sign him early (Since the rumors strongly Suggest He wanted Arda) and he also wanted another "Midfielder" before Pre season. and regarding the AS rumor it I think The Managing Committee part is correct in a sense but Bartomeu Several hours after that rumor was posted pretty much spilled the beans on Twitter and on a radio show that they pretty much have a deal set with Arda, and they will meet in the next couple of days to see if they will approve it before the 18th(Like I posted above if what Lucho rumors are correct) wouldn't shock me if he played a big role in trying to convince the Committee to sign off on it early.

If Lucho wanted Turan as much as is now being claimed by some why would he put himself in the position of having to "try to convince the Committee to sign off on it early"? Clearly, Bartomeu isn't against the transfer, so why didn't they sign him back around the time they bought Aleix Vidal when Bartomeu was still president? Seems strange to me.

xXKonan

If Lucho wanted Turan as much as is now being claimed by some why would he put himself in the position of having to "try to convince the Committee to sign off on it early"? Clearly, Bartomeu isn't against the transfer, so why didn't they sign him back around the time they bought Aleix Vidal when Bartomeu was still president? Seems strange to me.
Who knows really I don't think he really was Officially on the "Market" when we signed Vidal but their been rumors of him wanting to leave Atletico several months ago but nothing until he made it his intention he wanted to leave two weeks ago.for all we know Lucho probably wanted him as a good Rotation player for the Midfield but didn't make his intentions known till now or it could be some Ploy by Bartomeu that he has a Midfielder Deal! and Lucho happened to support it. either way I doubt we will get the full story if We sign Arda :confused:

EdmondDantes

turan is an excellent layer but the price is too much I think

That's exactly my take on it as well. Though I'm sure once he steps on the field with your shirt, we will all be all for him. He is only gonna make us stronger. And a stronger midfield makes our 3 headed monster even more potent up front.

Home of Barca Fans