Arda Turan

Kuchi

We'd still have a Turk in our squad :)

Neah, Arda should get his chance to prove his worth, with a proper pre-season. If there's something we learned this spring, is that rotations are a must, even in harder games.

malvolio

since creativity could be provided by denis/iniesta/rafinha, maybe we should go for someone more energetic, like saul from atletico?

serghei

Arda Turan was a transfer that was thought to be short term. We needed another midfielder to help us this season and in the near future, and Arda Turan came from a good team where he was one of the best players. We payed a serious money for him, and it hasn't worked out well for us so far, but let's see next season. He's not a failed transfer for me yet, just because he didn't perform right away. He didn't even play a full season with the team FFS. Too early to tell.

Jombi

Arda Turan was a transfer that was thought to be short term. We needed another midfielder to help us this season and in the near future, and Arda Turan came from a good team where he was one of the best players. We payed a serious money for him, and it hasn't worked out well for us so far, but let's see next season. He's not a failed transfer for me yet, just because he didn't perform right away. He didn't even play a full season with the team FFS. Too early to tell.

If the logic was that we bought this 29 year old because he was supposed to perform right away, then that was an epic failure. He has not contributed at all, except getting yellow cards.

Stric

Rakitić got a lot of playing time in his very first season, which is partly the reason why he adapted so quickly. The fewer minutes you play, the longer it will take to adapt. Give Arda time. He's got the talent.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Give him time instead of who? And yeah, if you manage to do that, you are taking Roberto's and Rafinha's minutes.

This was the stupidest signing since Douglas.

Best scenario for him now is he somehow manages to adapt but by the time he does he will be 30 and we haven't solved any problems nor added value to the team.

God Serena

Rakitić got a lot of playing time in his very first season, which is partly the reason why he adapted so quickly. The fewer minutes you play, the longer it will take to adapt. Give Arda time. He's got the talent.

Rakitic clicked with the team *instantly*. People were fawning over how well he clicked with Neymessi and the midfield even in his debut game.

Arda doesn't need time. He's nearly 30. And most of his problems come from his lack of work rate and natural ability. His positioning will likely improve but that will never teach him how to pass or make a run on either side of the pitch. Maybe if he was 23-27 giving him time could be something we could afford to do, but at 30 years old he was bought to help the team *now*, and not at some arbitrary time in the future, and he hasn't helped us do anything in the *five months that he has been playing*.

Stric

If we hadn't wasted our huge lead, then we would have had more than enough opportunities to not play our best 11. Besides, Arda couldn't play the first half of the season, which is exactly when most of the mid-week Copa games and opportunities to rotate happen. And I'd have no problem giving Arda minutes ahead of Sergi Roberto, now that they're both here.

You're being unjust. Arda hasn't "been playing for five months". He's only been available to be played in the last five months. If one of our starter midfielders was unavailable, Arda would play much more frequently, and he'd adapt more quickly, simply because of the minutes spent on pitch. It's simple math. You can't adapt if you don't play. I'm not saying that he SHOULD play instead of someone, I'm just saying that he can't improve if he doesn't.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans