Arda Turan

R

reaper

Don't get me started on Cesc haha. I have numerous rants in the Cesc thread when I was here.

I actually don't believe that Arda wants to be here. I mean, he wants to be here to collect his massive wages and have the PR of being a Barca player but I don't actually believe this guy gives a shit about Barca.

Look at Rakitic for example: He a non La Masia player who puts his heart on the line for the club. Yes, he has bad performances here and there but the guy runs his lungs for the team and can never be accused of not trying.

I don't believe Arda gives a shit about any of that. In fact I don't believe he even gives a shit about football much anymore.

People are free to call me out on this accusation, but this is a guy who complained about running at Atletico and was booed by own National fans and dropped for being lazy on the pitch. So it does hold substance.

Arda Turan probably cost more than that entire Hercules team we played on wednesday but played even below he level of some of their players. Any manager would have dropped him for such a disgraceful performance.

I hate using Guardiola as an example, but look at what he did with Yaya this season, told him to fuck off and get his shit together and then he can play once he does. That is what Lucho should have done to Arda after that Hercules performance.

/rant

I think effort and trying is key. I agree. The problem with Arda is there is a lack of talent on top of that. I wouldn't mind so much if I knew Arda had massive ability just waiting to be unleashed. However he is actually a shit footballer on top of being a lazy player. Add to the pile of shit he is an alfa male who has Lucho's ear.. I knew the season was doomed when Barca's half-arsed effort to offload Arda came to nothing this summer. Barca can't carry players and win leagues. We need someone like Pedro or Sanchez off the bench, not Arda.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
It's time he gets the cesc treatment in bcn too. Idk if he'll mind, cesc is way more delicate. he should get the vidal treatment from licho, but I doubt that will happen.

Hey Flavs, any reason why you refer to Lucho as Licho? Sorry if it was explained before and I missed it, hehehe...

Morten

Not to be a dick or anything, but i seem to remember that plenty people here argued that Arda was worldclass and so on when you bought him. I couldnt really believe that people were thinking that, so i said he never had been world class, but simply a decent/good player in the Atletico-machine. I guessed he would be an okay buy for you guys, but i never thought for a second he would be more than a squad-player, he isnt that good, never was. Didnt expect him to be this bad, however.

Raketa10

Don't get me started on Cesc haha. I have numerous rants in the Cesc thread when I was here.

I actually don't believe that Arda wants to be here. I mean, he wants to be here to collect his massive wages and have the PR of being a Barca player but I don't actually believe this guy gives a shit about Barca.

Look at Rakitic for example: He a non La Masia player who puts his heart on the line for the club. Yes, he has bad performances here and there but the guy runs his lungs for the team and can never be accused of not trying.

I don't believe Arda gives a shit about any of that. In fact I don't believe he even gives a shit about football much anymore.

People are free to call me out on this accusation, but this is a guy who complained about running at Atletico and was booed by own National fans and dropped for being lazy on the pitch. So it does hold substance.

Arda Turan probably cost more than that entire Hercules team we played on wednesday but played even below he level of some of their players. Any manager would have dropped him for such a disgraceful performance.

I hate using Guardiola as an example, but look at what he did with Yaya this season, told him to fuck off and get his shit together and then he can play once he does. That is what Lucho should have done to Arda after that Hercules performance.

This guy is a disgrace.

/rant

Unfortunately this is one of the reasons Lucho currently has zero authority over the team and after you lose it you can't gain it back. You just can't allow a player to act like this.

kilian

He looked good at the start of the season, then he lost the spot to Neymar and lost the motivation again. Similar to James Rodriguez in Real Madrid. Even worse, because he is near the end of his career.

I really liked him when he came in, I wanted him to succeed here, but I think after this game that his time here is done. Enrique is really mad at him, judging by his post - match reactions, which is to be honest pathetic from Enrique. You made the call to put him there to defend and you know he makes stupid fouls - then he does exactly the shit he does and you make him the scapegoat for conceding the goal. Pathetic man management and coaching. But, he is still the coach and will be for some time, so I think Arda is done.

serghei

Not to be a dick or anything, but i seem to remember that plenty people here argued that Arda was worldclass and so on when you bought him. I couldnt really believe that people were thinking that, so i said he never had been world class, but simply a decent/good player in the Atletico-machine. I guessed he would be an okay buy for you guys, but i never thought for a second he would be more than a squad-player, he isnt that good, never was. Didnt expect him to be this bad, however.

He was way more than decent at Atletico. OK, maybe not world class, but certainly not decent either. He was one of the best midfielders in La Liga under Simeone. Unfortunately, Atletico play a different game. Him failing at Barcelona doesn't change what he did at Atletico.

Potroh

He was way more than decent at Atletico.

When you have a world-class team with couple of creative geniuses, you also need the "pawns", those who cover up for them by zealous hard-work.
That's why the MSN is hardly good without Iniesta, because two zealous-middleman simply can't compensate for Iniesta's skill, speed and imagination.
When Arda plays MF the lack of his zeal and speed cannot make this peculiar "system" work, because in this setup he is not even a pawn.

In Atletico, the system is so different that he could play the role of the creative one, obviously on their level, and because he is most definitely NOT a world-class player, in Barca he will never ever find his place. He is very weak compared to the geniuses and will never ever become a "pawn", so he is useless, regardless if he played 4-5 good games at Atletico...

Last edited:
doesn't mark anyone, as a substitute "brought on to defend", on the FK he needlessly caused ? He's the nail in Lucho's coffin. I'm almost grateful he's this bad. We get to learn that Lucho never learns or admits his failures.

CatalinR10

Arda's foul on Marcelo

[gfy]AptWeepyCanadagoose[/gfy]

Look at that. Three Barca players around Marcelo

And what does he do? Kick him

blooddiamond.gif

Home of Barca Fans