Arda Turan

El Flaco

For someone who publicly complained about the intense training regime in Atletico is one of the main reasons he is leaving.. 6 month without playing is very suitable vacation for him
he has the talent however those comments are bit scary at his age...

To be fair to him, Marca with their so called "source close to the player" or rather heroine which can make you see some BS.

In other word, Arda didn't publicly complain.

And beside, the Turk doesn't have the time to rest since he'll still train for Barca...

Literally

he wants to leave among other reasons because he has given everything while wearing the Rojiblanco, but also has paid for the physical wear and tear that marks Cholo’s system. In that sense he would prefer a system that liberates him from defensive duties,

If we imagine that he actually said this complaint, are you aware the difference between the intensity with 40% off the ball and intensity with 70% off it? And since Arda's a very creative player, it's understandable if Atlético's playing style got old with the Turk eventually. I've no doubt he'll give his all on the pitch like for us, just like anyone else.

Last edited:

El Flaco

Arda Turan as a young lad & with his family.

7UzkPyH.jpg

NHWvb9G.jpg

bbgV0Ao.jpg

XveVPAI.jpg

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Arda is a really good player, but this signing is questionable. He's an older player that's going to cost a significant sum, won't be able to play until January and to will likely start as a rotation player. He offers you very little future for someone who may not give you a lot of present.

Furthermore the fit is very suspect as well. Arda is an offensive player who plays more with intensity than work-rate. This is not the ideal fit for the midfield role Barca needs.

I'll reserve further judgement, but right now I'm very skeptical.

Asylum15

It won't be long before he and Suarez try to eat one another after a training brawl. Two hotheads wrapped under sheeps clothing :)

I mean eat in the literal sense too.

El Flaco

Maybe not the next 2 seasons at least, but we now have a quality rotation player that could also play as RW/LW if needed. Rafinha, Sergio and Dennis Suarez are all OK players, but we need experienced world class players as Arda if we want to keep winning titles. Tbh, I don't think Rafinha, Sergio and Dennis will make it at Barca - some might say they weren't given enough chances, I say they simply lack talent and quality.

Of course, even I don't expect Arda to take the starting spot from the Spaniard right after when he was prevented from play with us from the autumm. But I think Arda will be in the line-up in 16-17 season. My impresson what that Iniesta struggled heavily in our playing style under Lucho considering that he doesn't have the work-rate capacity to provide in both directions and defensive abilities like Arda, although the Spaniards vision and technique is a bit better than the Turk.

Last edited:

Bran the Greenseer

Of course, even I don't expect Arda to take the starting spot from the Spaniard right after when he was prevented from play with us from the autumm. But I think Arda will be in the line-up in 16-17 season. My impresson what that Iniesta struggled heavily in our playing style under Lucho considering that he doesn't have the work-rate capacity to provide in both directions and defensive abilities like Arda, although the Spaniards vision and technique is a bit better than the Turk.

A bit? They're in two different leagues of class . The only player in his category for those things is Messi.

Edit: [MENTION=16820]Zangash[/MENTION] I don't know about Suarez but Roberto has at the very least shown that he can be a rotational dm and play in cdr/la liga comfortably. Rafinha has shown that he can start against all but the top teams and he still has lots of room for growth idk if he'll definitely become a starter but I believe he has the potential.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I kept wondering after reading this. How do you contrast intensity with work-rate? What do you mean, exactly?

They're different things. One can be an intense and passionate player yet not really offer the work-rate to match. Think of spurts vs sustained. Rakitic for instance is a very leveled player, yet plays with incredible work-rate. Arda's intensity hides his work-rate, which does not match.

Bran the Greenseer

There's no doubt that Iniesta is better than Arda in those abilites, something I already admit (although it's not a enourmous difference between them)..

Arda has great technical ability and the gap probably isn't that big in that regard but the difference when it comes to vision is enormous imo. I never really see Arda playing pinpoint accurate throughballs most of the time anyway.

Home of Barca Fans