Are you happy that we got Olmo?

Are you happy we got Olmo?

• Total voters

jamrock

I was against it, because I think we are well covered in his best position.

But I'm good with it, not as negative as others.

Messigician

Of course, he will surprise alot of people passes the eye test and actually dangerous in the final third unlike the rest of our players

jamrock

A better question would be, why am I at the gym today, and I guy I saw in a Madrid jersey, in now rocking a Barca jersey.

I'm livid.

Andresito

Staff member
No.

We had holes in our squad before and we still have them after signing Olmo. Once again other parts of the squad are neglected to sign an attacking player.

It's a luxury signing. Not a smart signing. He might do well individually but the team as a whole is still in need of improvement. I'm very disappointed.

khaled_a_d

I was against it, but the reactions are insane tbh.
Olmo is a very good player and versatile, he knows the club and half the squad. Good skill set and the price isn't that big anyway.

Few weeks days ago people were acting that 60M can get us Alvarez, now he is sold for 75M + 20M deal ffs. No, 60M doesn't buy you a top player in his position who is in his prime anymore, maybe a youngster that can be that like Yoro, or an old fart like Lewa. And atm the club isn't in a need of more expensive prospects.

This is going to be about Flick now, does he have a plan for the double pivot? Is there are players from the Pedri/Gavi/Gundogan who are going to play deeper? Will it work? Is Olmo a Felix/Gavi replacement on the left side?
Also, Is there is a sale happening? Or another arrival?

Again, Olmo was never my choice, but he is a quality player for the price who knows the system and this type of players always have a chance to prove their worth. So, let's hope for the best.

jamrock

I don't think there are any better players in the market right now for 60m that Williams and Olmo, and the club tried to sign both.

60m in today's market, is peanuts, fans ask for the club to be smart and when they do, some still complain.

30m on a merino was a bad deal, for 20m I would take him.

I'm not sure if zubi is worth 60m are even wants to leave RS for any coach not named Alonso, he'll probably end up at Madrid next season when Alonso takes over.

Fans are just pointing there frustrating at Olmo for not signing the magical DM we need that will solve all our problems.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's a good player, but we're now entering year 7 of not signing the type of LW we need, probably like year 3 of when we should have managed to replace Busquets.

That's two big holes in the team that constantly expose us vs. better teams in Europe. Lack of pace and the use of both wings + defensive solidity in the middle and someone that doesn't fall asleep every time the opponent attacks.

Olmo will do well for us as a CAM, perhaps even as a false 9 if Flick got the balls to bench Lewandowski if he keep playing like an amateur, but the team have the exact same issues it's had for a while. And he's got an injury record.

I know they've tried to sign Nico Williams and Zubimendi last 12 months, but if these are the only players the club are able to identify as targets then your scouts must not be doing their jobs properly.

Catta

Considering we paid 160 mil for a bum like Coutinho, or 50 mil for an old and past it Polish bum, geting Olmo for 60 is a great deal.

And with Gundo and Frenkie most likely leaving next season maybe even this season, Olmo will look like an even better deal, we won't have to search for a replacement for them.

companyofcules

I will say yes if we pay those money in 4 years.
We failed badly to get a starting striker or to get a DM and the only hype was about Nico who was a dangerous move and not really the most problatic area.

But not my taste, there were young Brazilians to move into La Masia for the LW position, there was that Danish guy playing in Italy for DM. Better long term investments than Olmo in my opinion. But since nobody cares about what I ramble about, I am hapy with Olmo vs Nico for now.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

The disappointment has nothing to do with the quality of Olmo. He's a decent player. The disappointment is with the continuation of retardation in the transfer market.

Olmo has never completed over 2/3 of available matches in the Buli. When you are short of funds and every penny counts, that should be enough for you not to fork out 60m, never mind all the other reasons this transfer makes no sense.

Look at our buys for the first team. Who could we sell at a profit today? Literally nobody. Every single one of them is going to be a net loss on the books, Olmo included.

Talking of Alvarez, City are going to make 60-80m PURE PROFIT on the lad. Lest we forget that our sporting department rejected him to make Lewa the 9th best paid ATHLETE in any sport, on the planet.

The disappointment is that the inconvenient truth is that our sporting department is arguably the worst on the planet. Only debate is Man Utd. The disappointment is that every time our sporting department make a move in the market, the best we can hope is they play like the value we pay for them. They never surprise us to the upside. It's either they are way worse compared to what we paid for them, or par ( I would argue they are all worse, but that's for another day )

The fact that Kounde and Ralph are seen as some of our transfer successes lately says it all. They have got next to no chance of getting back the 110m they paid for those 2 if they sell them tomorrow. ( Unless it's to Saudi ). Let's face it, all our best players are from La Masia, you take them out and leave it to the sporting department special Olympics and we are Europa Conference league level.

Home of Barca Fans