Are you happy that we got Olmo?

Are you happy we got Olmo?

• Total voters

jamrock

TBF if we don't make a profit on Kounde and Raphinha, that's because we are and always have been terrible a selling.

If we sold yamal now, we'd probably get less than city got for Alvarez lol.

companyofcules

TBF if we don't make a profit on Kounde and Raphinha, that's because we are and always have been terrible a selling.

If we sold yamal now, we'd probably get less than city got for Alvarez lol.
You can't sell shit, lad. We buy average on big money and big salaries.
To sell you need low salaries and young talents(real ones).
We need to buy generational talents for La Masia from around the world, let them grow, give them some games in the first squad, build hype then sell them, keep only the game changers.

Fati is one example of how to do it. We got the offer. The problem is that our fan base is more stupid than the average and is the first to buy our hype and to start riots over average players.
Fati was a great finisher, but he was not R9, 120 for a teenager was absolutely insane to refuse in our situation. It can be done for sure

Rory

If Flick’s tactics mean we don’t need a new DM or a LW with a different profile and Olmo stops having injury issues and if he scores + assists 20 goals a season then it’s a good signing. If if if

Maradona37

If Flick’s tactics mean we don’t need a new DM or a LW with a different profile and Olmo stops having injury issues and if he scores + assists 20 goals a season then it’s a good signing. If if if
Maybe too many ifs to gamble on.

delancey

We already have a great AM so getting Olmo will only hinder Fermin’s development. Fermin is the most underrated player. But way more lethal in front of goal than FDJ, Pedri and Gavi combined. 🤫

Luxury signing. Let’s see if Olmo scores more than Fermin relative to total minutes played. 😜

FinBarcelonafan

Olmo is a meh, if he always played like he did in the Euro 2024, yes he would be amazing, BUT I think this was his career outlier performance and we went for it. Usually not a good move based on few games.

Williams was the player we needed. Olmo was the luxury signing which could have helped depth etc. now we made the luxury signing without actually plugging the real leak. :D

Now we want to sign some Diaz. I think he will be a worse flop. That guy is meeh.

FinBarcelonafan

They were in negotiations with Olmo before the Euros to be fair.
They have been in negotiations for at least four years. Finally they got their player. How many years we heard rumours about him??

But that's worse, I had zero interest for him before Euro. He was meh, injuries etc. euro helped him a lot. At least you can see he can kinda fit in.

JamDav1982

They have been in negotiations for at least four years. Finally they got their player. How many years we heard rumours about him??

But that's worse, I had zero interest for him before Euro. He was meh, injuries etc. euro helped him a lot. At least you can see he can kinda fit in.

Not really.. they had a deal agreed with him before the Euros.

In past been linked and never got to that point.

Cant claim it is just off back of Euros and if it is 4 years then it strengthens that.

iniestaGOAT

Olmo is a meh, if he always played like he did in the Euro 2024, yes he would be amazing, BUT I think this was his career outlier performance and we went for it. Usually not a good move based on few games.

Williams was the player we needed. Olmo was the luxury signing which could have helped depth etc. now we made the luxury signing without actually plugging the real leak. :D

Now we want to sign some Diaz. I think he will be a worse flop. That guy is meeh.

Imo Nico at the Euros was outlier performance and even then he wasn't real good.

I have no idea where the hype is coming from.
Yes he would be cool cause we ain't got LW and all but he ain't really like that

FinBarcelonafan

Imo Nico at the Euros was outlier performance and even then he wasn't real good.

I have no idea where the hype is coming from.
Yes he would be cool cause we ain't got LW and all but he ain't really like that
Did you watch the games Spain played? It's about having threat on both wing. Absolutely key to modern football. It creates so much space.

Now we are one trick Yamal. Not good.

serghei

He's an improvement over what we have. One of the best performers at the Euros, don't think you can ask for more in our situation.

And I don't agree that we don't need a scorer like him with smart movement. Fermin has talent in this area, but he's not ready yet for a big role. Pedri is meh, overrated as hell and almost always in some kind of injury status or coming from injury, Gavi is needed deeper in midfield, Gundogan is old and washed up. Olmo has a place in this team easily. Versatile player also.

Only issue is I heard he's also not a stranger to frequent injuries.

Home of Barca Fans