Argentina

Slevinn

The new AFA complex along with 3 field pitches in Miami that will be ready in 3 months in preparation for the Copa America 2024 and the World Cup 2026

After years of incompetence, AFA is finally moving in the right direction with the national team.

F1StOU6WIAAndzy
What changed? Where is all the money coming from now?

soul24rage

What changed? Where is all the money coming from now?
New president of AFA Tapia. Although he's not perfect, he's a lot better than Grondona who was currupt as hell.

Imagine the Bartomeu version for AFA, but worse.

A good article about Grondona below:

Slevinn

Damn, never realised it was THAT bad.
The part about the tie in their first election made me laugh though. :lol:
Going from all of that to winning it all in the past few years is really crazy.

Makes me even more happy for Messi and Argentina in general. They deserve this fairytale ending.

khaled_a_d

New president of AFA Tapia. Although he's not perfect, he's a lot better than Grondona who was currupt as hell.

Honestly, Tapia should be a legend in Argentinian football. I doubt it is by chance their fortune suddenly changed couple of years after coming to the scene. They are producing better youth, and their decision making is improved drastically.
Other than doubling down on Mascherano, and to lesser extent betting on Sampaoli (who was everyone favourite when he was hired) his record is good IMO.

soul24rage

Honestly, Tapia should be a legend in Argentinian football. I doubt it is by chance their fortune suddenly changed couple of years after coming to the scene. They are producing better youth, and their decision making is improved drastically.
Other than doubling down on Mascherano, and to lesser extent betting on Sampaoli (who was everyone favourite when he was hired) his record is good IMO.
Although Tapia hit the lottery with Scaloni when the AFA was so poor that they couldn't afford another coach after sacking Sampaoli, Tapia deserves credit for keeping faith and extending Scaloni's contract to Copa 19 where that tournament was the 'start' in the rebuilding process.

AFA needed change badly and I'm glad this changed when Messi was still an active player.

soul24rage

-Alejo Veliz (ST, 19) moving the Spurs
-Alan Varela (CDM, 22) moving to Porto
-Valetin Castellanos (ST, 24) moving to Lazio
-Lucas Beltran (ST, 22) very close to moving to Benfica
-Prestiani (RW, 17) very close to moving to Benfica

Future is bright for the Argentinian NT.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

-Alejo Veliz (ST, 19) moving the Spurs
-Alan Varela (CDM, 22) moving to Porto
-Valetin Castellanos (ST, 24) moving to Lazio
-Lucas Beltran (ST, 22) very close to moving to Benfica
-Prestiani (RW, 16) very close to moving to Benf° 0
Future is bright for the Argentinian NT.

Prestiani is 17 and will join next January hen he completes 18.
Very talented kid, but has very weak physique even for his age that I fear will limit his potential.
Good move for him regardless.

A bit underwhelming that we don't explore the Argentinian market more for the bigger talents.

soul24rage

Prestiani is 17 and will join next January hen he completes 18.
Very talented kid, but has very weak physique even for his age that I fear will limit his potential.
Good move for him regardless.

A bit underwhelming that we don't explore the Argentinian market more for the bigger talents.
Thanks for the correction, made the changes. I do see the concern of his height, but he has a good role model in Insigne to follow so hopefully he can fulfill his potential.

After Messi wins the WC as coach in 2030, he can help Barca as Sporting Director and build a network to explore the Argentinian market.

soul24rage

[IMG]

Youngsters: Velasco, Zapelli, Esquivel

GK: Dibu, Musso, Armani, Benitez
RB: Molina, Montiel, Foyth
CB: Pezzella, Senesi, Licha, Romero, Otamendi
LB: Tagliafico

Pivot: Paredes, Guido, Enzo
CM: Paredes, RDP, Guido, Enzo, MacAllister, Palacios,
AM: Buonanotte, Almada

Wingers: Garnacho, Di Maria
FW: Beltran, Nico Gonzalez, Lautaro, Angel Correa, Alvarez
GOAT: Messi

Notes:
1. Dybala and Acuna are injured so no surprises there
2. Surprised that Medina and Balerdi are not here. Pezzella does not deserve to be called up anymore imo.
3. Would have been great to see Barco (since Acuna is injured), but I never seen Esquivel play so it'll be interesting if Esquivel gets playing time
4. Don't know why Lo Celso has been omitted, but I am guessing it's because of play time

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans