Arjen Robben

M

mitkoa7x

All this "choke" talk is disgusting really. Penalties are always a gamble and even the best player in the world misses.
I can understand people don't linking Robben, he's not my favorite either, but common..

There are many examples of him choking on big occasions. Like the games against Borusia (title deciders), CL final 2010 and 2012, World Cup 2010 (those misses 1vs1) He is a big choker and we dont say it just cuz of his miss yesterday.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
There are many examples of him choking on big occasions. Like the games against Borusia (title deciders), CL final 2010 and 2012, World Cup 2010 (those misses 1vs1) He is a big choker and we dont say it just cuz of his miss yesterday.

missed a penalty in CL's 2007 semi-final loss to Liverpool too.

he's just a massive choker.

jayzsa

Robben is finished. Lost pace from his injuries, which wasnt visible yesterday b/c Chelsea played so deep. He also lost his shooting skills and his coldbloodiness in front of the goal. 1-2 years ago, you saw him cutting in and hammering the ball into the angle. Now he hit them high into the sky. His set pieces, esp. the corners from the right, were a joke. Not worthy a professional footballer - he still didnt stop taking them himself. These corners didnt have any spin to drop down into the box ... no, they were still ascending when they left the box again.

With that in min, i think he lost acceptance within the team completely now. His ego and selfishness works when he succeeds in doing the game-deciding actions. BUt after sending 5-6 shots into the sky in good positions, missing another important penalty its prolly over now. Ribery was punching him a few weeks already, now he should be completely dropped by his teammates. Thus i dont see Bayern being able to keep him for the team spirits good. Really not.

I agree, but they did renew his contract, this could make it difficult to sell him

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
How are the media and the fans treating him? I'm expecting him to be crucified, especially when considering his nationality.

reggie-choke.jpg
:lol: so true

ivan22

they have shaqiri now, no problem! I will see him getting a lot of play-time if robben continues like that. but on the other hand heynkes loves his selfish asshole players...no matter how bad they play, they will stay on the field most likely

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
If they'll do that, then why on earth did they give him a new contract to sign, very bad decision in my opinion
Ofc it was. But they had to do it in order to keep him silent during the decisive part of the season, b/c he was already moaning about possibly leaving the clubs right prior to the two cup finals ...

Now after those two games and regarding the internal team atmosphere (brawling with Ribery, dubbed 'Alleinikov' by his teammates ('allein' = alone/solo in german) etc.), they have enough arguments to approach him with that intention. And perhaps even the team captains Lahm and Schweinsteiger can veto against him ... would be a huge step forward for the team spirit.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Question remains which club, that have the money to buy him, will want him? Also please don't tell me PSG or Anzhi. At his age and ability he'll want to play in the big 3 leagues in europe either spain, italy or England. So out of those leagues, which clubs can afford him, and out of those clubs who will want him? Juventus? City?

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Ye, thats indeed a problem. Italians arise as those who like to buy name players despite their age or form. Maybe City too ... could even do a swap deal with Nasri or sth ...

Home of Barca Fans