Arjen Robben

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
reggie-choke.jpg

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Robben is finished. Lost pace from his injuries, which wasnt visible yesterday b/c Chelsea played so deep. He also lost his shooting skills and his coldbloodiness in front of the goal. 1-2 years ago, you saw him cutting in and hammering the ball into the angle. Now he hit them high into the sky. His set pieces, esp. the corners from the right, were a joke. Not worthy a professional footballer - he still didnt stop taking them himself. These corners didnt have any spin to drop down into the box ... no, they were still ascending when they left the box again.

With that in min, i think he lost acceptance within the team completely now. His ego and selfishness works when he succeeds in doing the game-deciding actions. BUt after sending 5-6 shots into the sky in good positions, missing another important penalty its prolly over now. Ribery was punching him a few weeks already, now he should be completely dropped by his teammates. Thus i dont see Bayern being able to keep him for the team spirits good. Really not.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
At least Robben got into good positions; Ribéry didn't even manage to do that. I thought Gómez and Ribéry were bigger chokers yesterday. Robben's really unlucky in finals, but at least he takes his responsability. Probably shouldn't have, but give the guy some credit. He hit the post too; had he scored, he might have been the match deciding player.

Still, I partially agree: Robben was too determined to become the hero, resulting in some overly ambitious long shots, and his corner kicks were indeed woeful. But I don't see him being 'finished'. I think the creative burden was on him too much, especially with Ribéry playing woefully, Müller being wasteful with his chances - but good with his positioning, he never should've been subbed- and Kroos and Schweinsteiger in a disciplined, more defensive role.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Its not that single match from last night that makes him finished. Its his complete season. He really neither doesnt have the pace like 1-2 yrs ago, nor the goal scoring abilities.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
In the Dutch team, he's still very good. But I don't see Bayern play very often, so you might very well be right.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Bayern need to dump his ass and give the #10 to Kroos already.

#11 can go to his replacement (Afellay? Nani? Narsingh? Draxler? all could work IMO)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
All this "choke" talk is disgusting really. Penalties are always a gamble and even the best player in the world misses.
I can understand people don't linking Robben, he's not my favorite either, but common..

Home of Barca Fans