Arturo Vidal

Zidane82

This was probably his best start in 3 months. That miscontrol which led to Rayo's counter and subsequent goal aside, he was decent on the ball, and solid defensively. Good performance.

*typo
He should start ahead of Rakitic every single game.
He’s better in every way apart from long passes but Rakitic is too scared to even bother try them these days

BerkeleyBernie

Good performance, but they had 10 men behind the ball. Can always count on him for an aggressive defensive contribution, but he's an interception liability when the field isn't as open and he's under more pressure.

He's a decent defensive mid squad player, but don't expect more than that against tougher teams.

clemente

He backed his name up, he is known for being a hardworker and stripping the ball from opponents. I hated him in those Argentina games vs Chile, and wished we had someone like that at barca.

gregorrin10

Should stay and become strictly rotation option for Busquets until we buy someone new or Oriol is ready. Sell Rakitic and get the big bucks to make room for FDJ. Arthur and FDJ as starters, Alena and a new signing or Puig if he's promoted, as 3rd and 4th choice CMs. I like Rakitic, but if Valverde is staying, i just don't trust another season with both of them at the club, we know too well what it's come if that happens (Arthur and FDJ battling for that 3rd midfield spot, while Alena getting the Malcom treatment). To be clear, I would prefer it if Valverde was the one to go, would fix a number of other problems in the process as well, but seems he's staying at least for one more year, barring a shock knockout by Lyon this week. So Rakitic it is then.

FinBarcelonafan

This guy is still a beast and he has an attitude our team been missing for ages. True warrior. People say Rakitic is a workhorse, but NO Vidal is proper one.

Get someone with a similar profile, but younger. Love these type of players. They bring so much energy.

PhilS

It bodes well that both Rakitic and Vidal are playing so well right now. Vidal breaks up the opponents offense so often, they must hate playing against him. Since Rakitic is having such good offensive run recently, he covers for some of the fluency that Vidal does not provide on offense.

Arizona Scott

Should stay and become strictly rotation option for Busquets until we buy someone new or Oriol is ready. Sell Rakitic and get the big bucks to make room for FDJ..

Vidal is nowhere near the level of Rakitic in the mix of a DCM/controlling midfielder, let alone Busi level. Vidal can give you good minutes as the middle or most forward/attacking midfielder.

If we sell Rakitic, we should get Rabiot or Herrera to spell Busi. Rather not saddle FDJ with CDM responsibilities and give him more freedom.

JerseyAddict

Is it just me or this man runs around an fouls people? He is constantly pushing people with hands and does those late tackles... A bit "over" the top for a Barça player

Home of Barca Fans