Arturo Vidal

Devils

so if they want it a strong physical player in the Middlefield , why they sold Paulinho and even Paulinho better in scoring goals

Paulinho was sold due to an offer of 50m from China
Vidal will be purchased for 20-25m

Same profile player (Vidal a better player) will be in the squad while the club pockets 25-30m in the process.

It's actually excellent business.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You only managed like 150 in the 2 years Bravo was starting every league game. Don't kid yourself.

It's hard to have many posts on this forum when you have to keep an appearance and act like a lifelong fan of every club that got a Chilean player. From the Man City forum to the Inter one to a Bayern forum and Arsenal/Man Utd one. When you're a bandwagoner for your NT player it can get tough to multitask at so many places.

Now back here.

At least people here won't swallow his lifelong Barca sob story harder than Kim K swallowed Ray J's dick like they did a few years ago.

DonAK

Which reminds me.

Throwback to when Mandrake said he wished we'd fail and predicted we'd flop when we sold Bravo who's been selling hot dogs in Manchester since he moved for the much better GK, Marc-Andre ter Stegen.

Mandrake

You only managed like 150 in the 2 years Bravo was starting every league game. Don't kid yourself.

Hey, the gringo teen MATS fan boy is still around! Too bad MATS didnt play in the world cup man, I’m sure in 2026 he may get a chance. He’ll have proved by then he’s the GOAT of goalies

Trickykid

Hey, the gringo teen MATS fan boy is still around! Too bad MATS didnt play in the world cup man, I’m sure in 2026 he may get a chance. He’ll have proved by then he’s the GOAT of goalies

Hey, Mandrake, how did Chile do at the WC? I didn't really follow it that much.

Thanks.

ASordidGod

442 Busquets and Vidal cm Coutinho lm and Rakitic rm incoming. :rockon: Despite that I can see the sense in this transfer assuming injuries haven't crippled him and he's not the alky rumours would suggest. He's combative, great mentality, a good footballer. Completely different from what we have. Just hope he's here as a rotation option, and that Dembele, Malcolm and Artur get the game time they need.

God Serena

Don't really care about him being the GOAT or even not playing the World Cup. Valdes didn't either and he's got an infinitely better resume than Bravo as well.

Just hope we don't see you crying your eyes out when Vidal starts playing like shit and everyone starts to slam him. Hopefully if he starts a Clasico he does better for us than your last favorite, although I guess it'd be pretty hard to do worse than make 0 saves while your team loses by 1...

DonAK

Thinking more about this:

1. Might be a decent short-term deal since there are no options for us this transfer market. If he comes for less than 25m and on a 3 year deal then it might be worth it as long as Valverde doesn't try to stick him in a 4-4-2 lineup. We should move away from that and we have no use for Vidal in the league. He should have a high usage in the CL in a possible 4-2-3-1 with Busquets. He can there play as B2B MF to the best of his abilities while we can have a dynamic lineup with Coutinho, Messi, Suarez and Malcom/Dembele.

For the league and copa campaign he should exclusively come off the bench. We need to give Arthur and other players minutes there. He will obviously start from time to time, but if Valverde tries to shove him into the lineup all the time with his knee problems and age, he'll be exhausted when we actually might need him, in the one competition he's yet to win, and faced losses against Real Madrid and Cristiano Ronaldo who he hates with passion. If he can play with the determination and fire needed there we might have something very useful for a couple of years.

But next year we definitely need to revisit the transfer market again. If a player like Pogba becomes available and we also get de Jong and we still need that kind of midfield immediate quality Vidal should not be a hindrance to any such deal. Can understand this now as we have few options and he could present some good value.

But please Valverde, please...don't continue with your shitty 4-4-2 and don't try to force Vidal, Rakitic and Busquets in together. Play a mix of a 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 with Vidal as the B2B MF alongside Busquets when needed in the League and CL.

Also if Vidal is coming now, we should easily try to sell all of Gomes, Denis, Rafinha. Denis in particular have no value at all now. Move on and free up space in the squad for Valverde so he can use some Barca B midfielders for easier La Liga games too if he wishes so, and is not forced so include our 1st team players which he seem to prioritize if we have a full squad of 25 players.

Do I like this deal? For less than 25m he might have some value as long as this doesn't mean we won't sign de Jong and/or a possible established midfielder that becomes available on the market next summer, and as long as this doesn't mean the 4-4-2 is here to stay and that Vidal is gonna get physically drained on pointless games where Arthur, Alena, Rakitic and Coutinho can do the job.

And hire someone to keep his partying and drinking habits in check. I don't think Vidal will become an Arda like freeloader simply because he's going to hold grudges against so many people he would want to prove wrong, but it could easily go off the rails if they don't have someone keeping an eye on him. He lacks the discipline to be able to take care after himself and his family and friends don't seem to give a shit about his bad habits either, or are unable to do anything about it.

Anyway, this is my more reasonable take on this after the hysteria settled down and I got some time to think about it.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

How did you get this, I am curious.

I count the 50M we get for Paulinho in December and then Deulofeu + Digne all in all 83M.
We have spend 108+Vidal(25) = 133M.

Then we need 50M from these players:
Vidal (8-10), Munir or Paco (10-30M), Gomes or Denis or Rafinha (20-30M), Mina or Vermaelen or Marlon (10-40M).
At least 4 of these players will leave.

So it is quite conservative to say that net spend will be 0€, even though that would make me quite happy.

Mandrake

Which reminds me.

Throwback to when Mandrake said he wished we'd fail and predicted we'd flop when we sold Bravo who's been selling hot dogs in Manchester since he moved for the much better GK, Marc-Andre ter Stegen.

Look, man, lets leave our differences in the past. I can understand your hate on Bravo after he made Messi his bitch in two consecutive copa america finals. MATS is quality and its a shame that he was benched by Bravo and Neuer. I’m sure when he matures he’ll be something else.

Regarding Vidal, he’s the best b2b in the world and has won 7 consecutive league titles in europe. Lets hope he continues that and add CL to his title list.

DonAK

Look, man, lets leave our differences in the past. I can understand your hate on Bravo after he made Messi his bitch in two consecutive copa america finals. MATS is quality and its a shame that he was benched by Bravo and Neuer. I’m sure when he matures he’ll be something else.

Regarding Vidal, he’s the best b2b in the world and has won 7 consecutive league titles in europe. Lets hope he continues that and add CL to his title list.

See the first part is the problem here, which is why I don't understand why the mods keep up with you, but I assume they like the traffic it generates when you keep dickslapping yourself in the head when you enter an argument with me or God Serena here.

I hope the same for the second part. You can keep sucking him off for all I care as long as you are true to yourself and what you are and don't try to come off with pointless shots.

Home of Barca Fans