Arturo Vidal

MTL_Barca

He clearly fits Barca style, Pep Guardiola signed him.

As much as I love the Chinese Dragon, Vidal is a superior player. Paulinho played for Spurs then went to China. Vidal has played for Levekeusen, Juve, Bayern and has achieved significant titles with Chile.

He's much more experienced at top level football. He's also more aggressive and physical than Paulinho.

Pep didn't sign him, Bayern did. Thats how things work at Bayern.

Saw pretty much every Bayern game with him and i think this is a bad idea if he is anything more than a bench player. As a bench player he is ok, but tbh i don't really buy the whole low salary thing right now. I don't want to see a Vidal-Rakitic midfield ever unless we need to defend a lead in a CL, its so far away from barca style but oh well. Add his age and knee to that and i don't wven want to comment on the drinking stories.

Don't get me wrong, its not like he's completely terrible but we got all these reports about a world class signing, great talents like De Jong etc and now we get old Bayern reject Vidal thats pretty disappointing if you ask me :(

If this is on Valverde than he has to fucking deliver now. We don't need a signing like that for la liga, this is a short term solution for the CL. So step up in CL Ernesto.

Last edited:

God Serena

Those obsessed with signing young players with high ‘potentials’ already got their fix for this season, However its time for the club to start looking for experienced players that will help us win the UCL in THIS season.

We only need Vidal to step up in these crucial moments of the quarter & semi finals of UCL, Which we always seem to find ways to **ck up in them and get eliminated.

I don't see how Vidal would change things for us in the CL. Our main problem against Roma was a total lack of motivation and a manager who willingly stood by and watched us lose without making any changes until we had already lost, and for the sake of trolling he brought on Gomes.

Having Vidal (If healthy) to run around wouldn't suddenly help us score some goals nor would it force our defense to focus. That's Valverde's job.

Joan

I see Bayern fans are not that happy with this deal. Hm.

Still hope Rabiot forces his move.

xXKonan

I see Bayern fans are not that happy with this deal. Hm.

Still hope Rabiot forces his move.
Don't know about Rabiot honestly. Sure Vidal is 31 and his knee is a bit worrying and he has a history of alcohol issues but I prefer spending 20-25 Million on him on 3 year contract than getting Rabiot.

But with Rabiot you get the feeling he will demand to be a starter off the bat due to him and his mom's attitude and while I will say he's talented but not really worth all the fuss and I would rather use the time to develop Arthur etc and see how that works.

Joan

Love this warrior signings. :coffee:

Arda-Turan-Atletico-Madrid-boot-throw.jpg

michelco

So Rakitic, Arthur and Vidal to compete for 1 spot in Valve's 4-4-2? Can't see that going well. This might be the sign that 4-3-3 is going to be the preferred formation for next season, that is the way forward imo

raki

Valverde requested this type of player.
The board is pleasing him.

Vidal 31 - world class player - 20-25 M

Paulinho - 31- very good but very far from Vidal - 50M

I´m pleased.

EdmondDantes

So Rakitic, Arthur and Vidal to compete for 1 spot in Valve's 4-4-2? Can't see that going well. This might be the sign that 4-3-3 is going to be the preferred formation for next season, that is the way forward imo

We've been playing 4-3-3 in pre-season, haven't we?

Hopefully we'll stick to that.

xXKonan

Completely forgot about Mandrake.

Now I'm going to await the posts claiming Vidal is the best CM we have while the likes of Busi,Rakitic etc are scrubs. :p

Joan

[MENTION=22806]MTL_Barca[/MENTION]: Saw it on Reddit. Most Bayern (and other BL fans) saying they'll miss him. That it will be felt.

Don't know about Rabiot honestly. Sure Vidal is 31 and his knee is a bit worrying and he has a history of alcohol issues but I prefer spending 20-25 Million on him on 3 year contract than getting Rabiot.

But with Rabiot you get the feeling he will demand to be a starter off the bat due to him and his mom's attitude and while I will say he's talented but not really worth all the fuss and I would rather use the time to develop Arthur etc and see how that works.

To be frank, I fear his decline way too much. You're making some valid points, nonetheless. I'm worried about narrative he's not willing to play as a 6, but only an 8. Not to mention his attitude. Things like that can change at Barca, though.

I'd still get him over 31-year-old Vidal.

Given that Vidal would only cost 20 mil, I think we can and should probably get both. As long as there's to be an exodus of our own (Gomes, etc, etc, etc).

I think we already have quite a lot of midfielders. We'd need to sell way too many options. More importantly, like xXKonan pointed out, doubt they'd be willing to sit on the bench.

Home of Barca Fans