Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
My preference
1. Keylor "Beast" Navas
2. Willy "Sabella is an idiot" Caballero

3. Hugo "Tottenham sucks" lloris

4. Salvatore "not possible to get from P$G" Sirigu

5. Bernd "not good enough" Leno
+1 Leno shouldn't even be on the list. Navas and Willy deserve to be GKs of a top club

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Everyone's biggest beef is with Real Madrid winning La Decima, but to me the bigger injustice is Atletico's heartbreaking defeat.

Each and every one of their players ran their lungs out (I'm estimating about an average of 15-16km) and towards the end about 6-7 were nursing debilitating injuries or cramps yet still played on. Guys like Villa and Raul Garcia sliding all over the place to retrieve the ball as much as possible, Simeone charging onto the field with passion. I've never witnessed a team work so hard and give so much. Towards the end of extra time, you could see them dehydrated and exhausted just doing whatever they could to stay up.

2 minutes away from winning it all, if they held out on that corner it would've been entirely different. Maybe different decisions on the Costa/Sosa subs and they'd never have been on the back foot. These hypotheticals are unfair but they will haunt them forever, as this was likely their only shot at European glory. I can only imagine how painful this must be.

Simeone needs to stay and keep on fighting, lot more money to work with now and they can finally get squad depth plus some dynamic attackers. Keep as many as you can, and buy a lot more. Cholo is Atletico and the team can't die now, not after something this tragic. I fully say that I respect Atletico a lot more than Barca this season, their underdog story was one of a kind.

El Gato

Villarato!
A lot of respect to this Atleti side. You could just see they wouldn't hold out on their legs after 70-80 minutes, even if that fuckfabulous goal by Ramos was a lot of luck in the circumstances.

But then again, he did make mistakes too. Costa shouldn't have started even if Adrian didn't contribute an awful lot. Real's CBs were pretty much shutting them down every time.

A lot of credit. He won the league with this team who killed themselves for him and for each other. Who was the last manager to ever accomplish that against such opposition?

Kudos Diego :worthy:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Tough luck, they gave it their all. But this is what happens when you play a long hard season with maximum intensity in every game, so it's not unfair that they lost tbh.

Still a massively good season for them, breaking the Liga duopoly in the current environment will be an achievement that will be remembered for ages.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I also think nerves got to them... Not blaming them for that, but during the 5 minutes of injury time they looked like an amateur team who couldn't even clear the ball properly...

jamrock

they should have had a man on the post, because a dipping head to the far post is the only thing thats going to be a keeper as tall as theirs. but hindsight is 20/20

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I also think nerves got to them... Not blaming them for that, but during the 5 minutes of injury time they looked like an amateur team who couldn't even clear the ball properly...

I don't think it was even nerves. Extremely few players could deliver a ball after all this running like Modric did (check our Di Maria's tired crosses, as well as Atletico's corners) and even fewer have the energy to rise like Ramos. They made 2 mistakes in the 90 minutes, Tiago's horizontal ball which Bale intercepted, and not rising to challenge Ramos.

In extratime, their only mistake was not doing what they did brilliantly, foul DiMaria outside the box. He greased his way through three player in the most beautiful of touches and Bale was made Hero.

Home of Barca Fans