Aymeric Laporte

F

Flavia

Because i personally believe marquinhos WANTS to leave.

I believe he was fed up last year on how he was treated by Blanc after his failures against St Etienne.

I explained my position many times already. To me the only way for him to leave is if he asks to leave. And I believe he will ask for that. And if he does it with respect and with a good talk with Nasser, I don't see the later refusing him that.

Also note that contrary to TS last year, neither he or his agent denied that he could leave to barcelona.

I would rather like him to stay, but I understand he would feel cheated. I think he signed last year with hopes he would be alex natural replacement. And then it happened, we signed DL.

It looks like the cesc-thiago affair.

Laporte is young, but worth the fee. But I'm ok with Marcos too, he has similar potential to Aymeric.

Cule4life

The Culest
What came over him to increase his release clause? Hasnt he learned a lesson form Javi Martinez and Llorente? What if he stays for a couple of years and then wants a transfer to a big club? What if nobody pays the 50m fee required to buy him out

AfricanBavarian

What came over him to increase his release clause? Hasnt he learned a lesson form Javi Martinez and Llorente? What if he stays for a couple of years and then wants a transfer to a big club? What if nobody pays the 50m fee required to buy him out

He is currently a 20/21 year old CB, at best he has 10+ years to play. His contract expires when he is 25. If he really wanted to leave he can wait to leave on a free transfer and still be at a perfect age for a CB to do so. In my opinion he made a great career move, he doesnt need to move to a big club just yet. And if he is that good in the next couple seasons, teams will pay that €42m release clause for him.

Butaan4barca

its not just about that. Sometime clubs do pressurize players into signing new contracts, especially when they have no guarantees of other clubs being interested.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
its not just about that. Sometime clubs do pressurize players into signing new contracts, especially when they have no guarantees of other clubs being interested.

It could also be that they agreed to let him leave (if someone pays a fee slightly above the release clause rather than forcing the club to pay the taxes) if he signs the new contract. #believe

Butaan4barca

which mean, as athletico said, you want him refer to the release clause. Well tbh honest previous amount was a bit of more than enough but this is too much.

25m max for him.

Howes

Would Athletico take less then the buy out fee? It's still a awful lot of money that few clubs could turn down

Howes

No. Only Basques can play at Athletic Club so it's not like they need the money for other players, hence why they don't negotiate.

I know that, but come on. They turned down a ridicules fee last year for Herrera to go to Man Utd, and turning that down looks like a mistake at the moment. Surely it would be iris possible to turn down such large sums of money.

I know that, but come on. They turned down a ridicules fee last year for Herrera to go to Man Utd, and turning that down looks like a mistake at the moment. Surely it would be iris possible to turn down such large sums of money.

Money for what? As Alarcon said, they don't need it for players.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Man Utd actually misunderstood the rules. They activated his release clause(Athletic didnt want to sell, but they couldnt do anything if Man Utd knew the rules), but they were supposed to transfer the money through Herrera for it to go through which they failed to do so because of being utterly incompetent.

They don't need the money and Ander Herrera had a good season for them in which they qualified for the Champions League. Not a bad decision at all.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
They can't buy players and they're doing well financially, so there's no incentive to do it

Home of Barca Fans