Ballon d'Or 2014

Morten

I really hope Simeone wins the coach of the year, i feel that no one else deserves it as much as him. Ancelotti has done a very good job for us, its not easy to get all the stars to work together as he did. Loew won witth Germany, and played the best football overall during the world cup. But what Simeone did was just something else, beating the star teams of Real Madrid and Barcelona with the resources that he had, he almost won the cl to.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Lol at people wanting Neur to win the award. He does not influence the match like ronaldo and messi. Neur plays in germany and bayern two very big teams. Neur is still the best goalie right now but he is no where on the level of messi and ronaldo. Neur can only save matches that too not all but messi and ronaldo can win matches. Ronaldo won CL and messi took argentina to WC final, if both did not happen then Neur could have had a decent chance. Many good players did not get a ballon d'or because of messi and ronaldo. Iniesta, Xavi and now Neur and maybe Robben and Ribery too it is hard to imagine someone else win the award because the difference is too much.

This one is for penaldo. Not happy with it but it is reality.

Last edited:

Morten

Goal keeper as sweepers is nothing new, but Neuer does it better than anyone else i have seen.He didnt change goalkeeping, but he perfected it. However, in many matches i feel he is merely a spectator. With Bundesliga being a one-horse race, and the clubs controll over almost any match, and their very high possession, in many matches he doesnt have to do much. Same goes for Germany, in some matches.

hamad138

Banned
Goal keeper as sweepers is nothing new, but Neuer does it better than anyone else i have seen.He didnt change goalkeeping, but he perfected it. However, in many matches i feel he is merely a spectator. With Bundesliga being a one-horse race, and the clubs controll over almost any match, and their very high possession, in many matches he doesnt have to do much. Same goes for Germany, in some matches.

watch world cup, he saved them to the final.

Same with bravo clean sheet, he had nothing to do but he got praised.

Jägermeister

Lol at people wanting Neur to win the award. He does not influence the match like ronaldo and messi. Neur plays in germany and bayern two very big teams. Neur is still the best goalie right now but he is no where on the level of messi and ronaldo. Neur can only save matches that too not all but messi and ronaldo can win matches. Ronaldo won CL and messi took argentina to WC final, if both did not happen then Neur could have had a decent chance. Many good players did not get a ballon d'or because of messi and ronaldo. Iniesta, Xavi and now Neur and maybe Robben and Ribery too it is hard to imagine someone else win the award because the difference is too much.

This one is for penaldo. Not happy with it but it is reality.

So you say that only forwards (and maybe midfielders) should win because they win matches and everybody else just save them?

The award is (or rather was supposed to be) about who was the best player, independent from which position he plays.

Icarium

Lifestealer
So you say that only forwards (and maybe midfielders) should win because they win matches and everybody else just save them?

The award is (or rather was supposed to be) about who was the best player, independent from which position he plays.

Not necessarily. Why was Casillas not mentioned when Spain won world cup? Without his amazing save they would never have won world cup. Neur did it in quarter finals while Casillas in fucking final. Plus Neur did not do much for Bayern, his sweeping did not win shit for them. Messi goals brought argentina from group stage almost single handedly. Ronaldo 17 goals in CL tell the same story but not so convincingly but still he was very important part. Against France and Brazil and even Argentina neur did not have much to do. He was in a better team. Again like last time with Ribery this time with Neur, stupid politics.

Neur got into top 3 that is pretty much what he deserves nothing more, sneijder was not even in top 3 after world cup. Individually if you believe Neur performed better than Cr7 and Messi then it is your opinion. If Neur deserves ballon d'or then casillas and buffon deserves one too. I place all 3 at same level.

nnao

Not necessarily. Why was Casillas not mentioned when Spain won world cup? Without his amazing save they would never have won world cup. Neur did it in quarter finals while Casillas in fucking final. Plus Neur did not do much for Bayern, his sweeping did not win shit for them. Messi goals brought argentina from group stage almost single handedly. Ronaldo 17 goals in CL tell the same story but not so convincingly but still he was very important part. Against France and Brazil and even Argentina neur did not have much to do. He was in a better team. Again like last time with Ribery this time with Neur, stupid politics.

Neur got into top 3 that is pretty much what he deserves nothing more, sneijder was not even in top 3 after world cup. Individually if you believe Neur performed better than Cr7 and Messi then it is your opinion. If Neur deserves ballon d'or then casillas and buffon deserves one too. I place all 3 at same level.

Ok, lets say Neuer deserves it. And lets say Casillas and Buffon deserved it too. What does that have to do with anything?

Just because they didn't win it, we should just keep not awarding it to keepers forever? One day another great keeper will come up and we don't give it to him because Neuer, Buffon and Casillas never won it?

Also, I think you're undermining his importance for Bayern at least. We can actually get some idea of this because he missed some games last year due to injury. Let me quote:
Last season, when Bayern had to use their third keeper when he was injured, in 5 games they conceded 8 goals. 1.6 goals conceded on average. With him last season: 0.58 goals conceded on average. 2 points per game avg without him, 2.68 with him. In an average Bundesliga season, that amounts to a difference of 23 points. Also, when he was subbed off against Dortmund, Bayern conceded 2 goals in a matter of minutes.

Most of it was after Bayern won the league but I mean that's definitely a difference. What other keeper is going to concede only 13 goals in 27 games with the kind of highline that Bayern players, especially in a transition year?

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

Read nnao's postings in this thread here. They will tell you that your rather stereotypical view of Neuer and his matches is not exactly right.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

If you are not even capable of writing his 5-letter name correctly, maybe you should refrain from participating in this discussion altogether, escpecially since you are on record admitting to being a German hater.
Let me be frank, your opinion is essentially a worthless pile of crap.

Last edited:

frog-fcb

Um a gk can have as much impact on a game.as any other player you win games by conceding less goals than you score. Neuer is a rock at the back for bayern an germany he deserves to be up.for this award an possibly even win it

DrPepper

If you are not even capable of writing his 5-letter name correctly, maybe you should refrain from participating in this discussion altogether, escpecially since you are on record admitting to being a German hater.
Let me be frank, your opinion is essentially a worthless pile of crap.

If you think iamrohith is biased and shouldn't post his opinion, well that's okay. But being overly defensive about _every_ Bayern player and calling every critical opinion concerning them bullshit or ridiculous isn't better. Maybe you should avoid this discussion as well then.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

If you think iamrohith is biased and shouldn't post his opinion, well that's okay. But being overly defensive about _every_ Bayern player and calling every critical opinion concerning them bullshit or ridiculous isn't better. Maybe you should avoid this discussion as well then.

It doesn't matter whether he's a Bayern player or not. Most arguments here against Neuer here were essentially easy to dismiss. Even then, most people only said that they hope he'd win, but expect Penaldo to win it, a sentiment which I share as I said.

And that iamrohith admitted to being hateful towards everything German in another thread some time ago, while obviously even intentionally spelling Neuer's name incorrectly already gives it away, but the "arguments" he brings in only underline the madness. Neuer can only "save" a game and has no influence as a player since he's a goalkeeper? Just look at what the others already responded to that junk. Neuer didn't have anything to do against France, Argentina and Brazil? You are German and probably still remember those matches. You will have to admit that such a claim can only be made by an extremely forgetful person or someone who is out of his mind and essentially completely biased. How you are willing to take somebody like that seriously on the matter, is completely beyond me.

Last edited:

nnao

Um a gk can have as much impact on a game.as any other player you win games by conceding less goals than you score. Neuer is a rock at the back for bayern an germany he deserves to be up.for this award an possibly even win it

Yup, I think keepers can be extremely influential. They can make or break a game.

Says a lot that Cech was MOTM for both the win over Barca and Bayern for Chelsea in 2012. He faced like 19 shots on target in the last 3 games and let in only three. He also guessed the direction right for all the penalties against Bayern I think. Neuer also put Bayern through against Real Madrid that year, in saving Ronaldo and Kaka's penalties in succession and somehow Ramos sent his to the moon lol. Then the year before that he pretty much got Schalke to the semis by himself. Kind of ridiculous if you think about it, actually.

khaled_a_d

He actually changed it,doing it this way will influence next generations of GKs .he took it to a whole new level and it will be taught to young GK prospects .that is the reason he gets hype .b/c while he isn't better that Buffon/Casillas at their prime he is a one who will affect goalkeeping for future

RM media tried to hype him ,they tried it again in 2012 too .but with Xavi&Iniesta it wasn't him gaining such momentum that Neuer has now .he doesn't simply have a competition from fellow Germans,Muller ain't that good tbh and all of Germans are hyping him

Home of Barca Fans