Ballon d'Or 2014

ebc_99

Ronaldo deserves this one mainly because Messi was suffering with fitness most of the year, but he shouldn't have won it last year, 5 - 2 is more reflective of their performances over their careers than 4 - 3 would be. Most Ronaldo fans keep coming out with stats to back up their argument but all you have to do is watch both players and it is pretty obvious that Messi is the vastly superior player.

hamad138

Banned
Messi didnt derserve 2010(Xavi), but same goes 2013 for ronaldo, it was riberys ballon dor but due to curruption and extend ronaldo won

Galning

Ribéry has to be one of the most overrated footballers out there. He isn't even Bayern's most decisive player, let alone their best one.

Morten

Going by the standard goal/assist thing that seems to be pretty much the only thing that matters in ballon dor(yes, for Messi as well, in his insane individual year barca won next to nothing), i cant see how last year was undeserved at all. If anything, last year was a better year statistically for Ronaldo, than this one. Yet people think its more deserving if he wins it this year than last. Statistically its alot closer this year than last with Messi and Ronaldo.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I'll have to agree that this award pretty much lost the meaning after those Blatter CR7 comments. I mean he's such a huge freaking figure that commenting on one of the 2 best players in the world should be illegal.He praised Messi and put down CR7 for no reason at all, commenting haircuts,mentioning mothers and stuff. And I agree with Galning that Ribery is so freaking overrated.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Maxy you do know that messi won the uefa super cup and club World Cup in 2010?

The fact you're posting one of those shitty facebook memes shows where you're at tbh.

raskolnikov

For some yes, for some not. It's always up to debate.

A better striker perhaps but a better overall player, you wont find anyone.
Stats are like mini skirts, show you good things but hide important things, has never been more fitting than for the ballon d'or the last 3 years.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Also a bayern player should have won in 2013. Ronaldo didn't contribute towards a trophy that year.

hamad138

Banned
Ribery was not overrated in 2013. He regressed yes, but Ronaldo did do nothing in 2013. Only against weak Teams he scored tap ins. Ribery dribbled past Players ,and helped the Team to win the treble.

Dribbling, tricks> Tapin and headers

F

Flavia

Going by the standard goal/assist thing that seems to be pretty much the only thing that matters in ballon dor(yes, for Messi as well, in his insane individual year barca won next to nothing), i cant see how last year was undeserved at all. If anything, last year was a better year statistically for Ronaldo, than this one. Yet people think its more deserving if he wins it this year than last. Statistically its alot closer this year than last with Messi and Ronaldo.

Then Messi should win this year. He was the one who broke 2 major records, and had a much better world cup.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Maxy you do know that messi won the uefa super cup and club World Cup in 2010?

The fact you're posting one of those shitty facebook memes shows where you're at tbh.

I just posted it here for discussion, It doesn't mean that I agree with it. Personally I think that Ronaldo in his last years in MU and his early years in RM is by far the best player of all time. I don't really like the new Ronaldo, he became a guy who barely runs and who's transforming into a pure poacher/striker. I like entertaining players who are great at skill moves etc like Reus, Depay, Neymar,Isco etc.

Home of Barca Fans