Ballon d'Or 2024

Andresito

Staff member
Vini the clear favourite. Perhaps City can launch a propaganda offensive for Rodri to win it. Hope so at least.
GWp3xKkX0AAhSB4

Rodrygo not happy to be excluded lol

rodrygo-on-ig-after-being-excluded-from-ballon-dor-top-30-v0-kt1zsrtw5vmd1.jpeg

Birdy

If Rodri does not win it, then it is simply rigged by the Perez mafia

(as it has been in essence since the year 2000)

Morten

So many great players on that list, and Messi in 2015 was a whole tier or two tiers above all of these :lol:

Insane level.

It's kinda wild to have 61 goals and 21 assists, and still not be the best player that season, talking about Ronaldo here.

Speaks to the insanity of Messi, really.

KingLeo10

It's kinda wild to have 61 goals and 21 assists, and still not be the best player that season, talking about Ronaldo here.

Speaks to the insanity of Messi, really.
Yep, CR7 was a monster that season, as were Neymar and Suarez and a few others (just about everyone on the list was elite at the very least).

I think Messi had 58 goals and 29 assists in that treble season, so similar numbers to CR7. But some of the performances like v City, Bayern, Bilbao etc. were from an alien planet :lol:

Those kind of performances come along so far and few. Messi 2011 before that, R9's ~50 goal season at Barca in 90s, Maradona WC, Platini Euros, and then all the way back to Pele days.

Morten

Yep, CR7 was a monster that season, as were Neymar and Suarez and a few others (just about everyone on the list was elite at the very least).

I think Messi had 58 goals and 29 assists in that treble season, so similar numbers to CR7. But some of the performances like v City, Bayern, Bilbao etc. were from an alien planet :lol:

Those kind of performances come along so far and few. Messi 2011 before that, R9's ~50 goal season at Barca in 90s, Maradona WC, Platini Euros, and then all the way back to Pele days.

Yeah, numbers were similar, but difference was that Ronaldo was a good all-round player, while Messi was amazing there too, that's kinda always been the difference.

It was an absurd season in its own rights though, just any kind of cross that season, felt like an automatic chance, Ronaldo was always getting at the end of something, and his headers were absurd.

Since you brought up Bilbao, i thought I would mention that Puskas is the biggest joke award on the planet, how can you not give that the goal of the season?

KingLeo10

Yeah, numbers were similar, but difference was that Ronaldo was a good all-round player, while Messi was amazing there too, that's kinda always been the difference.

It was an absurd season in its own rights though, just any kind of cross that season, felt like an automatic chance, Ronaldo was always getting at the end of something, and his headers were absurd.

Since you brought up Bilbao, i thought I would mention that Puskas is the biggest joke award on the planet, how can you not give that the goal of the season?
That season would have had the greatest CL final ever if Modric didn't get injured. Prime MSN vs. prime BBC and just about peak midfield/defenses for both too.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Good post 👏👏

Home of Barca Fans